Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni for Curtis Stone's final week
at I ♥ Cooking Club

Holy cow this year has been going by fast! We are already at the end of our 6 month rotation with chef Curtis Stone. His cookbooks and recipes have been a real winner in our home so I know we will continue to share many of his recipes. This one below didn't go exactly as planned but it was good. And cheesy. I think cheesy is a very good thing when it comes to recipes.

manacotti1

So......to start with I don't always follow recipes. They are more like guidelines and I adapt per our taste and sometimes, ingredients on hand. I happened to have Manicotti shells in the pantry. Well, that's similar, right? So I proceeded to make my mixture of yummy spinach and ricotta and planned to stuff the cooked shells.

ricotta recipe page

The texture of a cooked Manicotti shell is a challenge to hold.  It's wiggly and uncooperative and the ooey mixture of spinachy-cheese is half in and half dripping off off the sides as I try to fill a shell.

Comical actually, my hands were covered in the filling before I was done.


manacotti2

I did manage to get a good tray of these babies ready for dinner and they were very good.  We'll miss you headlining at I ♥ Cooking Club, Curtis, but we will definitely keep you i the kitchen.


Check out I ♥ Cooking Club and see what others served up for Curtis Stone's last week as head chef.

Curtis Stone Badge Resized

11 comments:

  1. Yep, I am a "guideline" kind of girl too when it comes to recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure looks good! I don't follow recipes exactly either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra and Vicki, I hardly ever follow a recipe to the letter. Sometimes it's too spicy or the quantities don't suit me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely struggle with stuffing shells. There has to be an easier way to do it. I always end with everything coated in filling! This does look yummy so it sounds like it was worth the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so good, and cheesy! Now that cooler weather is finally here, I'm craving hearty pasta dishes like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds tasty, and is one of my favorite meals, though I usually make it with extra crepes(which keep well for a few days). And, much easier to fill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the cheesy gooey goodness of this pasta has me wanting to get a big plate of it. Great dish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheesy is always better, my kids always say that!
    Your pasta looks so cheesy delicious, they would love it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep! Guidelines. I follow the first time and adapt the second time. This looks nice and gooey and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........