Friday, October 14, 2016

No Cedar Key Vacation for us but .....
I do have a Sweet Potato-Spinach Frittata recipe to share

Happy Friday to you all! This is my first evening of vacation. Unfortunately our plans to visit Cedar Key were cancelled for the second year in a row. We like to spend the third week of October away from our humid little neck of the woods. Last year the Lo-Key Hideaway canceled on us for remodeling. This year it was due to disaster.

Hurricane Hermine just about destroyed the Lo-Key Hideaway where we had reservations. The rooms were flooded and so all furniture had to be tossed. There was mud in the rooms and offices....a huge clean up job so, we won't be going there this vacation.   We will take lots of rides and eat at places we've never tried, pick up the remains of a tree in the field (Hermine did it) and read. And eat. And imbibe.

Now let me share a good recipe.  I got the inspiration for this dish from Pam at Sidewalk Shoes. Thanks, Pam, we loved this Frittata!

 photo frit1_zpsq4d4hjpc.jpg

Ooey, gooey forkfuls of yummy sweet potato and spinach. Cheesy enough but not too much (can there be too much?)


 photo d19539e8-2905-4c06-aea6-13033c6eed05_zpskfpzsxtz.jpg

What I need is a smaller frying pan then this frittata would be taller. I have a very small cast iron and then a 14 inch variety. Medium is what I need so I may just buy one this weekend. Served with a hearty bread and you have an excellent meal.

 photo frit2_zps78w3a2fk.jpg

I'm making this again for sure. Next time I am adding smoked dried tomatoes.


I am sharing this with Beth Fish's Weekend Cooking Series .


Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your vacation and for the people whose business was so damaged. Your frittata looks delicious, I may make one this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo on the hurricanes!

    But sounds like you have some good options. I haven't made a frittata in while, and this one looks really good (and pretty)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad about your vacation but you still have some great plans!!

    This sounds delicious and I have everything on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, BFR, Jackie & Diane. It was terrible what hurricane Hermine did to the folks in Cedar Key. They are 2 hours south of us, they were hit very hard. We will enjoy our vacation anyway, it's always good to be away from work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your staycation is relaxing. (Sorry about the change of plans because of the hurricane.) Relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hemine did more damage where I live than Matthew did, which is surprising with all the media warnings about Matthew.

    Sorry your vaca plans were cancelled again. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fritatta is calling me. Sad about the hurricane wrecking your plans. But, on to new ones! We had several threatening us, but they turned into tropical storms luckily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are in the middle of the October 2016 west coast storm. Storms and plans are not compatible. You frittata looks great, I am really enjoying sweet potatoes in new ways, so this will find it's way to our dinner table. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What bad luck. Hope you get a nice rest anyway! Cheers from cArole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, all. I am sure we will make different plans for next year since this is two years in a row Cedar Key hasn't works out.
    Yes, for us Hermine caused way more damage, Matthew was far enough away from us that we luckily escaped that devastation. I sure feel badly for those who were hit hard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your vacation! This looks like a yummy consolation though...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........