Saturday, July 22, 2017

Taziki's Signature Pasta Salad vs. Cobb Salad for lunch on the run

We usually eat at home.  On weekends we grab lunch out when we ride somewhere or when we are running errands.  Overall, we keep the dining out to a minimum.  This past weekend we had to grab lunch out more often than we are used to, also eat much later than we usually do.  A family member has been dealing with medical issues so we've been visiting at the hospital, hence, our schedules have been off a bit.

 Trying to keep it a little healthier I opted for Taziki's signature pasta salad.  We had recently enjoyed gyros there, very fresh and plentiful ingredients.  This salad was packed with chicken, tomatoes, feta and a ton of pasta.  Honestly, it was so much pasta I couldn't finish it.  I probably wouldn't get it again but that doesn't mean I don't like it.

Tzakiti pasta

Next we have a Cobb Salad.  Ok, I know (as does everyone who can read the ingredients list) that a Cobb salad is not usually healthy.  Too much blue cheese and definitely too much bacon!  But it was a late lunch again and this appealed.  See how large?  This is the lunch portion, the smaller portion.  No way could I eat a larger salad, I didn't quite finish this one.


cobb

We have been eating at home in the evenings and cooking healthy chow, that's the preferable thing to do.  Coupled with a good bottle of Beaujolais and some music....that's relaxing.

In other news, I guess it's not really news, Aja is doing well.  She is 15 and she is on some medication temporarily but otherwise doing well.   We are wishing away the hot summer months so we can finally take a long ride.  It's always good to ride a distance and get lunch out of town but lately it's been very rainy and extremely hot.  I've been reading quite a bit and noting it in my journal but not blogging much.  I would like to get back to that.

Hope all is well in your world.

Sharing this with Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for her Souper Sunday series.

6 comments:

  1. I rarely eat pasta, but that Cobb salad looks so good!

    I agree, it's been too hot and humid to do much of anything outside.

    I hope your family member gets better soon and that you and Doug have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both salads look like they would make a great meal. Thanks for sharing them with Souper Sundays this week.

    Sorry to hear you've had to hang out at the hospital, but I'm happy Aja is doing well. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a Cobb salad with lots of bacon and bleu cheese and egg but yeah sooo bad for me! I need to figure out a way to make it a little healthier. The pasta salad looks good and I do love pretty much anything with feta so I would have probably ordered that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deb, Vicki and Katherine :-) If I can get a decent salad out that's a winner for me. We haven't been at the hospital as much recently now so it's back to eating at home. Salmon, stir frys and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your point about ordering menu items that are simply too huge is a good one. I have a strategy that I call "ordering defensively" to avoid having a quantity of food that is too big to be appetizing! Your pasta salad looks exactly that huge... but the Cobb salad looks very inviting.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mae, I try and take food home for another meal but these times it wasn't possible. I like that term, ordering defensively.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........