Saturday, August 26, 2017

Robert Culbertson will be missed.....

I've been absent from my online journaling lately and sadly, not for good or fun reasons. My father-in-law died August 17th.  The head of the family, a good man who always had good advice, always offered support, was forever in search of knowledge and furthering his education in any subject he had an interest.

His obituary may be found HERE but the personal stories and remembrances could go on and on.

My husband spoke at Dad's memorial service, starting with "What can you say about a man who has been in your life and influenced you for 60 years...."   Indeed....so many stories could be told and laughed and cried over.

I like this photo of him.  He is the handsome gentleman, second from left.  It was his daughter's wedding and everyone was happy, everyone was healthy and it was an all around good memory and time.

rheasWedding

Pictured are his wife and two children with her and his two sons from his first marriage.  My handsome husband on the far right.  This was taken 7 years ago.

I wish I could write a memorial fitting to such force of nature as Bob Culbertson.  You will be missed by many.

12 comments:

  1. I would like to express my sincere condolences to you and your family. I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGC: Thank you so much, it's very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your father in law. Sending prayers and hugs to you, Doug, and the rest of the family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your family's loss. Much love to you and your family.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry, Tina. Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. condolences, Tina. Always a tough time. Thanks for visiting Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, ladies, we very much appreciate your kind words and sentiments, It's always hard to lose someone, even when it's expected. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering where you were Tina and I'm so sorry to see this was the reason you've been missing. Your post made me tear up. I think what I hate about getting older (and I know I'm not that old!) isn't the fact my knees creak more than they used to but that everyone else gets older too. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Katherine, we appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering where you were too. I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Getting older is hard as the generation above us starting leaving us behind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jackie, well said. Thank you.

    BFR, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........