Thursday, October 19, 2017

Lime and Ginger Salmon with Coconut Rice

The word stalker tends to bring up alarming images so it's probably good not describe yourself as such.  But I have to say, stalking a great website gives it a positive spin.  We all have our favorite author sites, cooking sites, books and more, right?

I will confess to be a stalker of the retired site The Pie Patch.  Lucy is the owner of this site and she shared simple and tasty recipes.  I've not been disappointed with any of those I have tried so far.  She makes, in her words, " inexpensive, hearty food; non-faff and preferably with as little washing up as possible."  Now who could ask for more? 

Easy dinner prep is exactly what we need after working all day, picking up children from school, keeping the laundry baskets from overflowing and.....well, you get the idea.  My son is 28 so I'm not dealing with childcare any longer but there are those days when you are beyond tired on the way home from work.  This demands a meal that's simple to prepare.  

Here is one of those meals.  Lime and Ginger Salmon with Coconut Rice.

salmon1

You use foil to bake/steam the salmon so it's an easy cleanup.  The rice cooks while the salmon is in the oven.  Next time I am going to add more corn and peas to the rice. Definitely a keeper and will be on the meal rotations.

Here is a snap of the prep portion. Pretty, don't you think?

salmon2


Lime and Ginger Salmon & Coconut Rice
Salmon fillets
1 lime, sliced
Fresh ginger
4  green onions, chopped
Salt and pepper
Drizzle of olive oil
Coconut Rice

1 1/2 cups of long grain rice  
3 cups water 
1/2 cup coconut cream (I used Goya brand)
1/2 Tablespoon sugar
pinch of salt
handful of peas and corn ( I probably used an overflowing half cup of each)

Directions
 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.   On a sheet pan lay out a large sheet of foil.  Place salmon fillets on the foil and top with green onions, sliced ginger, salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. Place a slice of lime on top.  Fold the foil and seal but leave a vent hole for steaming.  Place in oven and bake 20 minutes.

Start the rice now.  Add water, corn and peas to the pot and heat to a boil.   Now add rice, salt, sugar and coconut cream. Stir it well and put on simmer, cover the pot.

My stove cooks on a higher heat so I had to watch it and give it a stir here and there.
Original recipe may be found at The Pie Patch HERE.  Thanks, Lucy!




Sharing with Beth Fish's Weekend Cooking Series


8 comments:

  1. So disappointing when a favorite website stops posting recipes! Where are we supposed to go?? While I'm not a salmon fan your description of Lucy's food sounds exactly like what I'm looking for most days. I'm going to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I hate it when a favorite blog goes away. But at least the recipes are still there. I like the sound of this salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful flavors and love the simplicity of the meal.. Can you believe I have never cooked salmon- this looks easy enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great meal - I don't ever think of putting rice with fish... Need to give it a go. Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! Easy recipes should be shared! By the way, Lucy stopped blogging as her crochet business was taking off and she focused on that. But the recipes and zero waste posts are still there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! This recipe might even convert my husband, who is prejudiced against salmon, probably from being served whatever passed for salmon back when we were young.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a salmon fan, but my sons are. I'm going to pass this recipe along to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good salmon recipe and this looks easy and delicious! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........