Thursday, November 23, 2017

Ramblings about Pizza, Bonne Maman Jam, Books and more...
{The unexciting happenings at our place}

Reading and Watching:  Everyone has different taste when it comes to movies and books.  Obviously.  We just watched Hitman's Bodyguard and oh my, it was hilarious.  If you know anything about Samuel L. Jackson you will know the language is liberally laced with MF.  Because that's Samuel Jackson.  But it was a good laugh and we enjoyed it.  Waiting on Longmire season 5 and should get it in a few days.   Books - I just finished Catch me if you Can and it is 80% accurate with the movie.  Planning on starting up with a new (to me) author very soon - Michael Connelly.  He's been on my radar for a while.  Currently I have 7 books lined up on the Kindle.

BlackEcholongmire-robert-taylorHitmans-Bodyguard-2017-movie-poster (1)Catch_Me_If_You_Can_2002_movie



pizza
Eating
Pizza....I love pizza.  My favorite is at B.J.'s Pizza on St George Island but it's 2 hours away. (insert frowny face)

This giant slice of pizza here is from Momo's located in Tallahassee.  They advertise slices as big as your head and as you can see, it's very large.

 I left the fork on the plate as a point of reference on size.  Artichoke and mushrooms for me, Doug gets a different combo each time - sometimes pepperoni or mushrooms or sun dried tomatoes.










LuckyA jammy win from Bonne Maman!  I wasn't expecting a package but arrived home to find this surprise.  I love this jam, it's the best in regard to quality and consistency so....lucky me :-)  I need to make some English Muffin Toasting Bread for a delivery system for the jam,

jam

Thankful - I am always thankful for my family and our good health. I will never have enough years to share, plan, play and enjoy their company.  Looking forward to making more memories. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Missing the ones who are no longer with us.

Craving: Crab cakes and grits. I could make this, it just requires planning. My husband makes excellent cheese grits and I usually fry crab cakes for a dinner but grilling them may be an option next time. This beauty of a sandwich was had at Boss Oyster in Apalachicola. Florida.

crabsand

I am sharing this with Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for her Souper Sunday series. Click HERE to see this week's linkup.  What is going on in your part of the world?  Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating.


FullSizeRender (5)

6 comments:

  1. Haven't seen Hitman's Bodyguard but I love Samuel Jackson and Ryan Reynolds so I'll be looking for it. That pizza slice is huge! I'd go with spinach. tomatoes, and ham. I'll have to check out the Bonne Maman site. Congratulations on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vicki! I love this jam, it’s great quality. Yum, spinach and tomatoes sound good. Now we may get pizza tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good movies, delicious jam, and decent pizza its all good.
    Definitely you should make the crab cakes and grits (smile)

    Happy belated Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonne Maman jams are so good because they use only real sugar, no HFCS or other highly processed corn products. You were lucky to win that sweepstakes.

    I wonder how they make such a huge pizza slice?

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crab cake sandwich looks delicious. I have been craving crab cakes lately. Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week. ;-)

    Yay on the Bonne Maman jam win! I love their jams and preserves--such great flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum on the jam! I love all the different variety. I got a much smaller sampler pack at Epcot and I keep meaning to make a batch of scones to try them out with! I haven't seen The Hitman's Bodyguard but it sounds funny. I like Samuel L. Jackson's humor though yeah on the not so clean language. That pizza looks amazing and seriously huge. We don't really have any incredible pizza places here and that makes me sad. I'll try B.J.'s Pizza if we're ever on St George's Island!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........