Thursday, December 07, 2017

Eggplant Sliders...... almost

Interesting week, weather-wise.  On Tuesday evening we were able to sit outside enjoying a good dinner as the temperatures were Springlike.   Seriously, we were in short sleeves the temperatures were so nice.  We had the Thermacell on because of the mosquitoes so it was certainly warm enough for those blood suckers.  Then today, Thursday, I am wearing a scarf and pea coat to ward off the cold damp temperatures.  North Florida......it's hot, cold, cool, hot again in a 2 week span.

We planned a hearty meal for a cold night and decided to have Eggplant Parmesan, zucchini and homemade bread.  Yup - lots of carbs but it's also all natural, homemade chow.  I made enough for two dinners a lunch.

slider1

The lunch was meant to be eggplant sliders but I didn't' get to the grocery store for Hawaiian rolls.  Those little things are so good.  (Putting it on the list to look for a copycat recipe)  We usually take our lunch as it's preferable to fighting lunch time crowds and also it's cost effective.  Plus there are crazy holiday shoppers out there now and the traffic is maddening.

Our workplace break rooms are blissfully quiet and empty this time of year.

slider2

I have a few meals to share coming up, an update on books and a new acquisition, a Kindle Fire.  There is definitely a learning curve when all you've used are Apple products for 4 years.

Linking up with Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for her Souper Sunday series. Check out the link up HERE and join in if you can. Also linking up with Beth Fish Reads for Weekend Cooking.



FullSizeRender (5)

9 comments:

  1. Our weather is hot one day and cool the next. No coats needed yet though.

    I love eggplant but usually just fry it up in a skillet. I think I'd really like that sandwich. I eat Greek yogurt and love it. I've never tried almond milk yogurt.

    I have a Kindle Voyage and a Kindle Fire. Both are under a year old. I'm still learning all you can do with the Fire, but I love it for audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why worry about carbs or any specific nutrient. Do what Pollan says: eat FOOD! You appear to be eating very good food.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carbs just go with winter -- especially during those cold spells. I plan to bake bread today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That "slider" looks so yummy. I think when the weather is cold we just naturally navigate toward more comfort type foods - i.e. more carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love eggplant and love the idea of an eggplant slider. Carbs or no carbs it sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, we had some freezing weather these past few days. I should keep the kitchen warm making bread.i haven’t tried my Fire for audio books yet. We are prime members I. Amazon but the k being library is only for the primary member. I plan to write and ask if I may have that benefit too.

    Mae, thanks so much!

    BFF, me too. I want fresh bread for dinner and some leftovers for the week.

    Claudia, I agree. Now I want Mac and cheese!

    Judee, th a,s, eggplant is such a versatile veg for me to cook with, it’s also inexpensive and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have texture issues with eggplant but I do love sliders and these look really good! Maybe I could do chicken instead of eggplant?

    And seriously you have family in Tylertown?????? My grandparents live about 8 miles outside of Tylertown on the McComb side. That's so funny! I go through Tylertown on Highway 98 once a month though I've never really explored the town itself. I have made some emergency runs to the Piggly Wiggly there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's swimming weather here - beautiful. We have hot Christmases. Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sliders or not, these little eggplant sandwiches look delicious. There's a place near me that does an open-faced eggplant parm tartine sandwich and I adore it.

    Thanks for sharing with Souper Sundays this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........