Thursday, January 11, 2018

It's Thursday - only 1 more get-up till the weekend!
{Random thoughts}


I have some great books lined up for January and February.  Soon I want to get back to the Nicci French novels, I've read the first and last one so far.  I just finished The Chalk Man and it was a page turner for sure.  As soon as this author comes out with another book, I'm on it.  The perfect balance of leaving a cliffhanger at the end of a chapter but not keeping you waiting too long to get back to it. I had participated for the first time with Sheila's First Book of the Year and actually stuck to it.

  ChalkfirstBookYear2018










The second week of January brings us a mixture of weird weather.  High temperature today is 70 degrees but back to cooler temps by the weekend.  I wore a hat, scarf, gloves and heavy coat to walk around Havana about 4 days ago.  Now I'm in short sleeves.  You can't put clothes away for a season.....except in summer.  Then  you are certain the heavy winter clothes won't be needed.


tempature

James McMurtry is saving my sanity at work.  I listen to the album Saint Mary of the Woods and Complicated Games quite a bit while I'm working. I listen to lots of Mark Knopfler and Alison Krauss too. The cacophony of conversations that qualify as pure noise can dominate my end of the hall sometimes. I am thankful for a door I can close and create my own peaceful environment.

What's been cooking?  Well, some of our old standby meals such as this Spinach Tortellini with Chardonnay, eggplant and shepherd's pie.  Pizza is on the radar for this weekend.  We love to have pizza and a red blend during movie night.

tortalini

For now that's it.  I just wanted to be sure I journaled this week.  The weekend plans include starting a new book, starting a new crochet project (pink hat was requested by the granddaughter) and making myself get the vacuum out and do some housework.  I sure hate housework but alas.......it must be tackled. <big sigh> 

If the weather cooperates we may ride somewhere to eat lunch.  Definitely getting photos of that if it happens.  Doug pulled the trike up to house so he can get a charge on the battery, it's been working well so far.  The cold and lack of riding sure will kill a battery. Riding for lunch is always fun.  Hopefully I won't fall asleep afterwards. That happens most times.

Wish me luck on the Lucky Money draw with Friday's lottery.  It could change our stars to be sure!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like the beginnings of a good weekend!! I stop by here from time to time and enjoy my every visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Linda. I appreciate it 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has been crazy here too. It's warmer today and it just rained a while ago.

    I'll wish you luck on the lottery if you wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, of course I wish you luck. I had the lucky ball number only but hey, it’s a free ticket for the next drawing. 32 degrees here now, it’s about 8:30Saturday morning as I write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you win the lottery next time!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mae, if we do we can retire a wee bit earlier and travel. I’d love to help our son and family too....you have to dream!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........