Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Books, movies, music and Souper Sunday offerings

This is a catch-up post as I had been offline recently.  I may take my cue from another blogger who used to post only on Thursdays.  That may be something I can manage, a once or maybe twice a week thing. We'll see.

We've been Reading
Women of the Dunes by Sarah Maine (loved it)
Past Tense by Lee Child (looking forward to more!)
Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl
Force of Nature by Jane Harper (I liked The Dry, the first book, this is also good)

Doug has recently finished all three of the Cormoron Strike series (The Cuckoo's Calling, The Silkworm and Career of Evil) and we are both looking forward to the 4th novel in the series, Lethal White. That comes out in September!

womenDunesPastTenseforcerobert galbraith

Watching
Seven Days in Entebbe
Season three of Seinfeld
Gringo
The Commuter

Well, Gringo wasn't what I thought from the previews and not as funny, although it did have it's moments.  The Commuter was not exciting so, I can't recommend it.  Seinfeld is hilarious and it's about nothing, but there are some memorable moments in this series. Seven Days in Entebbe was inspired by the 1976 hijacking of an Air France flight.  I wanted to see it because of the rescue and it was ok.  I like Rosamunde Pike and she  had a starring role.  Nothing exciting on the movie front these days. Awaiting Mission Impossible and Cormoron Strike to come out on DVD.


Souper Sunday: When Doug travels I usually eat lunch in my office and read. This isn't the best photo and I wish I'd taken a snap prior to mixing it all up so you could see the yummy bits.  We have butter lettuce, fresh tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, hard boiled egg, blue cheese crumbles, turkey and guacamole.  It's a hearty enough lunch and I can sit and read on my Kindle instead of fielding questions about why I'm eating alone in the break room. 

I'm fortunate enough to work in the same agency as my husband so we ride in, walk and eat lunch together.  If one of us is absent for any reason we always get questions.  Hard to read that way!

salad1 salad2

Nothing else much is new.  I am still feeding the foxes but cutting back on the number of days.  We are enjoying the Mustang and hope to get a trip toward the shore this weekend, eat some seafood.  I have rediscovered my love of BBQ so we've been indulging in that for  take-away instead of pizza some nights. 
Sitting in the den with a cocktail or glass of wine is relaxing and we do that roughly 4 nights a week.  Aja loves getting treats and we have gotten some good Blues CDs recently,  Buddy Guy and Eric Clapton have been getting some play lately.

That's it for now!

Linking up with Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for the Souper Sunday event. Check out her Red Curry vegetable and Cauliflower Rice Soup HERE.


FullSizeRender (5)

5 comments:

  1. You do look very busy! So many books and movies. The only one I have read/seen is Garlic and Sapphires, which I enjoyed. I also liked the Coromoran Strike books -- thanks for the info that there will be a new one soon. I'm looking forward to it, and hadn't seen the announcements.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I think you had mentioned The Dry before, and it certainly sounds like a read I'd enjoy. I'll put it on the list. Now I'm going to search to find out more about you feeding foxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched Seinfeld in forever but it was so good. We quote on a pretty regular basis. I read the first Coromoran Strike book and really enjoyed it. I somehow missed that there was a show/movie. I need to give it a try. I can see it working well on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Seinfeld reruns--so funny. Looks like lots of good reading going on too. Your salad looks so tasty--perfect for desk-time eating. Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks much, ladies! I think I will plan day to post and just get it all ready ahead of time. Definitely participating in Souper Sundays when I can!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........