Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Provencal Vegetable Soup
{Stolen from Deb 😊 }

Hot or cold weather makes little difference when we want soup.  It makes a good lunch. This is a vegetarian version with lots of lentils that I will certainly make again.

The inspiration for this version comes from Deb's version  of Eric Ripert's Provencal Vegetable soup. She referred to it as summer in a bowl. So true! Check out her version HERE.

soup2

Here's a closeup of the gorgeous fresh vegetables. Easy to make and stores well.

soup1


Provencal Vegetable Soup


1 can of lentils (I used the Goya brand)
3 cups of vegetable broth (I used Swanson's brand)
2 chopped tomatoes
5 garlic cloves chopped
a little bit of olive oil
1 small sliced carrot
1 large onion, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
2 large handfuls of green beans, ends snipped and then cut into small pieces
2 ears of fresh corn, off the cob of course
A pinch of thyme, 1 bay leaf, salt and pepper

Basically I sliced up all the veggies and sauteed in olive oil. Then I added the broth and a can of lentils.  Mixed it well, but gently, then added the herbs and salt and pepper.  It's even better the second day after it's sat and marinated all night in the fridge.
Great served with a fresh baguette. 
😏👿


 Linking up with Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for the Souper Sunday event. Check out her version of Giada's Italian Vichyssoise HERE.  Also linking with I Heart Cooking club.


FullSizeRender (5)   IHCCFromtheVine

6 comments:

  1. I love soup year round too and this looks so good. I'm pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh, why did I not know you could buy canned lentils?????? HA! I see many more lentils in our future....(You can't go wrong with one of Deb's soups.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to be posting mainly on Thursdays as well, a good day for me. Try to do once a week, but don't always make even that. It's so hot lately that the thought of any but cold soup doesn't appeal. I'll try your recommendation on Deb's Italian Vichyssoise and have it chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soup as they sang in Alice in Wonderland!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your changes--it looks so delicious. Wish I had a bowl to get through the hurricane drama tonight. Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week. We may be on hold this week depending on whether I have power and make soup, but I did get a Weekend Cooking post (guest-hosting while Beth Fish Reads is gone) scheduled to go if you have anything to post there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tina! Like you, I don't think twice about eating what I want, when I want. If I want soup or chili in summer then I go for it. I remember when Deb made this soup. It was beautiful with all the veggies and so is yours! Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........