Friday, March 15, 2019

White Bean, Corn and Smoked Sausage Soup

What's new lately?  The temperatures are up and down here.  This is a weird part of Florida where I need a heavy jacket and hat one week then I'm in short sleeves a few days later. No matter the weather - soup is always an option.

This one could also be named clean-out-the-fridge-soup, but white beans and sausage would be more appealing on a menu.  I'm glad I am keeping track of recipes on this blog because often enough I need to search it when I am grocery shopping.  Hoping Blogspot doesn't just go away because I'd be unhappy to lose all the recipes I have posted over the last 10 years.

whitebeansoup.jpg

Anyway, here is the cobbled together recipe.

White Bean, Corn and Sausage Soup

1 can of Cannelloni beans, drained
onions, chunked
garlic, chopped finely
corn, sliced off the cob
chicken or vegetable broth
sausage or any leftover meat in the fridge
smoked paprika
salt and pepper
basil
bay leaf

Saute onions and garlic in olive oil.  Once soft add corn and a cup of broth, cooking until corn is tender.  About 10 minutes.  Using immersion blender or a food processor, puree roughly half of the veggie mixture. Now add a drained can of cannelloni beans and more broth.

I had leftover smoked sausage so that was chunked up and tipped into the pot.  To your taste add salt, pepper, smoked paprika, basil and a bay leaf.  I put a touch of red pepper in but not enough to make it too spicy.  I like a bit of a kick but not too much.


Linking up with Deb for Souper Sunday this week.  Her post and yummy Congee, soupy rice, may be found Here.  Hoping you are feeling better, Deb!!   


FullSizeRender (5)

7 comments:

  1. I love all the ingredients so this is going on my list to make. I have some chorizo in my freezer, wonder how that would taste in place of the sausage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I may have to try it with vegan sausage. ;-) Thanks for sharing with Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! We were on the same page this week with white beans and sausage! Great looking soup and very inventive. (I love cleaning out the pantry....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me some fridge soup. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had sausage and white beans this week, but not at the same time. They are awesome ingredients! Our white beans were in tuna salad, and our sausages were part of a roasted vegetable sheet pan dinner. But I could go for some of that soup!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay this is a leftover soup I can work with. It looks delicious! And nice and hearty for these weird flashes of cold. I'm not a fan!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........