Sunday, April 14, 2019

Another version of Black Bean Tomato Soup

Happy Sunday!  It's been raining here quite a bit today, something we needed as it's so very dry. Looking forward to Spring weather and a chance to fix up our patio for outdoor dining and reading.

Every once in a while I make black bean soup and it's different each time.  Here's another version. Check out these bowls, I like them quite a bit. Funny, after looking for a deep and wide bowl at World Market and similar places, we found them at the local grocery store for a low price. Bargain!



  • Anyway, today I brought this black bean and tomato soup to the Souper Sunday Kitchen. This is a quick to toss together lunch.  We were fortunate enough to eat this lunch on the patio and paired it with leftover gluten free pizza.  Doug is getting off Prilosec again and it means eliminating wheat from our meals.  He doesn't get the acid reflux if he's gluten free. I don't know why that is but wheat is evidently an irritant. 

  • Here is the recipe, such as it is.
Black Bean Tomato Soup

  • Ingredients
    1 cup chopped onion.
    1 cup chopped red bell pepper.
    1 teaspoon each red pepper, cumin, garlic powder
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    2 cans (15 oz each) Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed.
    1 can (29 oz each) of chopped tomatoes
    1 can (14 oz each) vegetable broth.
     tablespoon vegetable Oil.
  • Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
  • Stir in seasoning blend; cook 1 minute. Add beans, sauce, broth and salt; mix together. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with your favorites such as chopped scallions, cheese and sour cream.
  • Sharing this Black Beam and Tomato soup with Souper Sunday at Kahakai Kitchen.  Check out Deb’s Cauliflower Soup with Mustard Croutons this week.






5 comments:

  1. Love the bowls and I also love black beans. That soup looks/sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious and I love those bowls! ;-) Thanks for sharing with Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love your soup! My first ever encounter with black bean soup was Pepperidge Farm brand black bean soup that a friend served. (I don't know if they are even in the soup business any more!) Since then I 've had many kinds, just as you say -- never the same one twice.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies! Soup is always a comfort food and what I love about the black bean variety is the way you can tweak it every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's crazy that wheat gives Doug acid reflux. My stepdaughter gets it with milk though so I guess there's no end of triggers. Black bean soup is one of the few bean soups that I like and this looks really good!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........