Saturday, July 06, 2019

In My Kitchen July

Let's take a look at what is in our kitchens this month.  I love that Sherry hosts this event and we get a peek into kitchens around the world.  Some items/foods I can't get in Florida but it's interesting to see the variety of Australian goodies presented.
New knives
This purchase was long overdue.  We had ancient steak knives, the serrated sort.  These are smooth blades and very nice.  Doug found them on Amazon, decently priced. 

kni1.jpg kni2.jpg

A trip to Trader Joe's store and we scored these cookies.  They are better than Oreos, in my opinion.  No high fructose corn syrup and less expensive than Oreos too.

joejoe

More deals that made it to our kitchen


tra1 tra2 tra3 tra4

A new wireless mouse which I use when I sit in the kitchen and use the laptop.  Isn't it cute?  A little pink fox.  There were other varieties such as koala bear, birds, hamster, lion, panda and American flag. 


mouse

Easy chicken dinner:  This is a toss together meal from the fridge and pantry.  We had a jar of green olives, tomatoes, onions and feta cheese hanging about.  The chicken thighs baked for 45 minutes, glazed with olive oil and paprika.

The relish is a cold one.  I combined the above mentioned ingredients (Except the Feta) with a dollop of olive oil, salt and pepper.  Once the chicken baked we spooned some relish on top then sprinkled with feta cheese.

chi1

Sharing with Sherry's In My Kitchen July edition and Beth Fish Reads Weekend Cooking series.

  SherrysPickingsInMyKitBadge02-Final-250pixelswkendcooking

10 comments:

  1. What''s in your pantry? Olives, tomatoes, onions... Bingo! You have a new chicken dish. It sounds like a great way to cook, and I often do it, especially with stuff from Trader Joe's. The knives look good too.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those knives look great! Our set is also very old. Love that cute mouse too!

    We go to Trader Joe's often but I don't seem to buy much. I really should do some exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found some new items at the grocery store this week too. We bought new steak knives recently but still go back to the old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo-jos are the best! The peppermint ones (which might only be available around Christmas) are my favorite. They have ground up starlight mints in the cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never looked at the cookies at Trader Joe's, I will next time I'm there. We need some new steak knives. I love that mouse! I think I'll join IMK, I love buying and finding new kitchen stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red curry looks delicious! We don't have a Trader Joes close to us which annoys me on a regular basis. Their premade stuff always looks so good and I've seen several things in the freezer section that I really want to try but of course I never have any kind of cooler or anything to actually get them home! I need to get new steak knives and now that I think about it I need to sharpen my actual knives. I have a good set but they are sadly neglected in the sharpening situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great week, Tina! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi tina
    thanks so much for joining in this month. lovely to have you here (there). love those knives even tho we are not steak eaters:-) oh my that foxy mouse is so gorgeous and how amazing that they had a koala one. yes it's always fascinating to see what everyone has in the various countries. and fun that we are in different seasons so people are eating very different things at the same time of year. have a good month. cheers sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those knives look great... we could sure use a new set! There is a Trader Joe's a few miles from Wegmans, but I never seem to get here. A browsing trip might be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mouse and the TJ cookies. Will have to look for those. Your chicken recipe sounds delicious. Some of the best recipes come from thrown-together ingredients! Hope you had a happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........