Sunday, July 28, 2019

July Update

Well hello hello to me in my journal. I used to keep paper journals for years and this digital version has replaced it, well about 10 years ago actually. I missed writing in it, on it, whatever.

 The cataract surgery I had went very well. I can’t say enough good things about this ophthalmologist, especially when I hear about other people‘s experiences with different doctors here in the Tallahassee area. Anyway, having to adjust to drugstore readers has kept me from a lot of online processes.

Today I wanted to start a new post as if I’m starting over again. The break gave time to evaluate which social medias I still enjoyed & be a little reflective. I haven't been active on the few I'm linked to, occasionally l shared music selections on my morning commute with Twitter.

When I couldn’t read for almost a month that was a little depressing. I did manage to watch a whole lot of movies though. Lots to be said for passive entertainment.

 Hotel Mumbai was excellent. Based on true events and kept us riveted to the screen.
Mrs. Wilson was also very good, a true story about the elusive Alexander Wilson, Iain Glenn plays this part and how can you not like him.  Three one-hour epsiodes from Masterpiece Theater.

hotel-mumbai wilson

We also watched a few oldies such as Guardians of the Galaxy, Armageddon with Bruce Willis, Total Recall & Seinfeld.

 My reading list is short as I’m halfway through my first book for July, One Little Secret by Cate Holahan. I had finished Into Thin Air by Jon Kraukauer early into July. Apologies for my lack of response and participation with Cook the Books.

 Lots of cooking, grilling and creating in the kitchen. Here’s a start back to food blogging with for Deb’s Souper Sunday event.  This is a simple Black bean and rice soup with chunks of chicken, onion and tomato added.  Thin this with vegetable or chicken broth.  I used chicken broth this time.


   IMG_0414

Served with fried maduros (plantains), garlic toast and Sofrito from Goya (can't go wrong with Goya brand)

IMG_0413


 Check out Deb's Hot and Sour Soup at Kahakai Kitchen this week.

 FullSizeRender (5)

7 comments:

  1. Glad your surgery went well! Hopefully you'll soon be back to reading as much as you want again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your surgery went well and hopefully the adjustment period won't be too bad. While I've never had eye surgery but I've had issues with eyes and it's awful. I LOVED Mrs. Wilson. What a crazy story and so much of it is true. I did some looking around and if anything the truth is even crazier than the show. Enjoy August and I hope you get a lot of reading done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to have you back and I'm glad the surgery went well and the adjustment process is moving along.

    Your soup looks simple and delicious--you have me craving black beans and rice. ;-) Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good to hear your surgery went well!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your surgery went well. And a delicious way to get back into food blogging. We really liked Mrs. Wilson -- it's crazy that it's a true story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your surgery went well. My mom had it done and had no problems either.

    I'll have to check out Mrs. Wilson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all - I'll visit you at your sites, your thoughts are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........