Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Panko Mushrooms

I know some of my blogging friends are not fans of the mushroom but we love ‘em. Hence I finally got around to making a recipe from Carole's Chatter, check out her version HERE. As soon as I saw these breaded mushrooms I knew one day I needed to try them.

62BA6A87-CBDA-4AF6-8B92-26977EF7FF39

Success! As an appetizer they were excellent and we scarfed down the entire batch. Wish I’d made more. Next time I am taking Carole’s suggestion and adding a bit of cayenne pepper for a boost.

Here is a photo where I dipped it in blue cheese dressing as a dip. Honestly, if you like mushrooms you will love these bad boys. Thank you, Carole!

EF7AFD9A-6884-496F-8DBC-E640D43FAF33

Simply place Panko in a bowl, beat an egg with sour cream, salt and pepper in another bowl. Add any spice to boost it if you please.
Destalk white button mushrooms and rinse to clean. Pat dry. Dip in egg mixture then roll in Panko. Fry them up!

Make twice as many as you think you’d like to eat. Trust me.


Sharing with:




8 comments:

  1. "Make twice as many as you think you’d like to eat."

    LOL! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big mushroom fan (it's the texture) but I am a big fan of dipping fried things in blue cheese so I might give these a try! If someone else made them for me that is! Cayenne pepper definitely sounds like it would be delicious. I do like a kick of spice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds decadent and delicious. I'm always on the look out for appetizers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice flavors!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mushrooms and these sound good.

    I saw Jamie Oliver on TV this week promoting his new veg cookbook and he made a mushroom stroganoff that I was planning to make this weekend. But now I don't have enough mushrooms and we are expecting an ice storm, so it will wait until next week.

    https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/mushroom-recipes/mushroom-stroganoff/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love mushrooms in our house! This looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how to fry things like this so I baked them in the oven but followed your/Carole's recipe for ingredients. So delicious! I added they cayenne. Definitely buying more mushrooms tomorrow and some blue cheese crumbles to make a dipping sauce. Totally addicted now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........