Saturday, January 04, 2020

The first 2020 edition of In My Kitchen

I haven't participated in the In Your Kitchen event for a few months.  So maybe this new year will get me motivated to do so more often.

My husband makes the best French toast!

5ACA9EC3-5F7E-4422-8E1D-14A923259EC1

Our son Tristan gave me a beautiful cutting board for Christmas. It's already gotten a workout.

B6F5BDEC-A418-420F-AC7A-00D6B97C6E14

This is a slow cooker recipe I have been wanting to try. Stay tuned for that one in January

4E393596-5A7D-4DCE-BBE7-6017F7EC5176

Potato soup with sausage. This isn't the best photo but you can see it simmering.

54AF9DB4-840E-4CE4-8AB9-BA8786DB6220

Sharing with Sherry's In Your Kitchen event & Beth Fish Reads Weekend Cooking.

10 comments:

  1. French toast is the greatest! I hope you do post many In My Kitchen posts for the New Year, and have a great year in blogging!

    best....mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The French Toast does look good! I used to make Potato Soup a lot but haven't for years. I've never heard of it with sausage though. I've never had lamb. Cute cutting board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love French toast! I'm awaiting your thoughts on the lamb -- looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That French toast looks amazing--as does the potato soup! ;-) Beautiful cutting board too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get motivated and get some soup cooking, John was just complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to learn how to make French toast. I love the stuff but have only had it when my Mom or my BFF have made it for me. I need to be able to have it "on demand".

    That lamb recipe looks delicious as does the potato soup with sausage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that French toast looks amazing! I feel the need to go out to breakfast soon and indulge. I'm the only person in my house who eats French toast. I think the others are nuts. I love the cutting board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do enjoy a good french toast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love French toast ! I love it sweet and I love it savoury:). Thanks for joining in, and hope you had a marvellous festive season. Is that cutting board glass? You have to be careful with those as they can wreck your knives. That soup looks heavenly! Cheers Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year. It looks like French toast made with raisin bread great idea, yum! For a moment I thought that was an actual chicken in your kitchen, what a beautiful board. I would be reluctant to cut on it. Marvelous present.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........