Wednesday, March 04, 2020

French cookbooks, homemade garlic butter and Penfolds

It's time for the In My Kitchen event hosted by Sherry at Sherry's Pickings

I’ve been horribly unorganized lately but a notebook with written plans and goals is helping me maneuver back with blogging/crocheting plans. Let’s put that red cup away and see what’s in the kitchen 😁

D8DE4992-18AA-41B2-BCD7-0EA2B9B8A477

Lemon cookies. I love lemon in sweets or main entrees.


06917B95-D153-4A03-BA94-574558998804

We were at Trader Joe's and they were sampling these.  At first we had willpower and sampled, moved on.  Then we thought about how nice it would be to have these thin cookies with a pot of tea.  So...yeah....they ended up in the cart.


A303AE1D-45ED-40AF-9DE0-E87581339B31

I pulled out one of my favorite cookbooks to make Chicken Chasseur one night.  This is one of those vinyl coated covers so if you spill something the book isn't damaged or stained.

8E3C55E6-3500-4C48-9F00-F7E2CEC0DA16

Chicken Chasseur in my Le Creuset Dutch oven.  This pot is so old.  I bought it in Destin during one of our camping trips over a decade ago.  It remains a favorite and I couldn't do without it.   Those who follow me on Instagram have already seen these photos :-)

D40E0DBB-AD74-401D-A8A0-DF8F118E6E4E

I roasted garlic last week and used three of the garlic heads to make garlic butter.

1CC62FE7-48E6-45BC-938D-69B837DC354B

1DA83C7F-2981-4B2D-8BFE-FE99DC6BB5E6

It was great on a warm slice of bread, had it with pasta and sauce on the porch.

61F9784F-E7E7-4333-959C-2A2AB04A5B6A

Last but not least we had a splurge on this Penfolds wine. This was a treat to have this Australian wine and it went so very well with grilled steak. We lingered over the meal and chatted so it was a very pleasant evening.

9AABDF27-4AA8-4C79-86D0-36429A388B66

Linking up with:


15 comments:

  1. You may have noticed that I collect Mona Lisa parodies ... did you photoshop this one into existence? Or find it somewhere? It's a good one!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love lemon, either sweet or savoury and have two trees growing in my yard as well as a lime tree. Thanks for the post Serena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you made the garlic butter. I am going to have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah yes you can't go past a good Aussie drop:) Thanks for joining in IMK tina. good to have you. I loooove roasted garlic! so nutty and delicious. that mona lisa picture is a hoot. definite bed hair there... have a good month. cheers
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mae, I thought of you when I saw that Mona Lisa greeting card. I was at World Market & took a photo, would be happy to send you the card (and maybe a book to put in your friends free library for book crossing). If you’d like email me your address via my gmail account 😀

    Anythingbuttoast- I’d love to have lemon and lime trees in my yard!

    Tandy, it’s super easy to roast garlic and smash it into soft butter. Mmmm

    Sherry, that Aussie wine was such a treat. Makes me want to get more and plan another big meal. Oh yeah, bed hair along with that red cup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a WONDERFUL meal - the cuisine and the companionship! I need to find a reason to make garlic butter now. My mouth is watering. Love the Party Hard Mona Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacy, it’s super easy to roast the garlic. Cut the top off and drizzle olive oil, wrap the head in foil and bake! It’s always nicer staying home and enjoying a meal & tipple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post, but now I'm hungry... better figure out what to make for dinner tonight!! Also wish we had a Trader Joe's nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have gotten those cookies before and they are delicious! So good with a cup of tea. The only problem is I end up eating like 20 because they're so thin! It's probably best we don't have a Trader Joe's nearby. I'm trying to get used to cooking regularly and just doing anything regularly. I got used to living out of a hotel room super fast! It does make me consider simplifying and downsizing a little but then I think about how much work simplifying and downsizing would be and I change my mind! Especially the downsizing. Moving is just too exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to look for those lemon cookies next week when we shop! Love the Mona Lisa!!! Okay, I need to see if stupid Pennsylvania sells that wine. Mr. BFR and I need a celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love roasted garlic and I love the way you cut it.. looks good

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great glimpse into your kitchen! You have me drooling over that garlic butter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tried to locate that cookbook but was unsuccessful. Have a great week and stay safe. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have a lemon tree but we pruned it back so haven't had any lemons for a while. Can't wait for the first one to come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum to all the food and wine mentioned! I should not have skipped lunch today before reading everyone's Weekend Cooking!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........