Friday, April 24, 2020

P.F. Chang's sauce in a tofu stir fry

If you like stir fry meals that are a snap to prepare - this is one you will want to copy.  This is from before, remember the before times when you could grocery shop without a mask and there was plenty of everything?  Yeah, those times.

 With one skillet, or a wok if you have one, you simply tip the bag of stir fry veggies in a pan with some sesame oil. Don't forget to put on a pot of rice before you start as this goes a treat on a bed of plump broth cooked rice.

. 29B5165D-752D-47FE-B26B-74F3340283EA

 We couldn't find any medium or firm tofu so used this silken variety. It definitely has a different texture which would be more suited to smoothies or soup.  However, all was not lost here. The texture once cooked with the vegetables is more like scrambled eggs.

0248412C-FE62-4A0C-AD79-6C6022B906AD

 The P.F. Chang's Sesame sauce gave this stir fry a great taste, not too kicky, a good flavor in my opinion. The pot stickers here were the last bag we had from Trader Joe's. They could be a meal on their own, dipped in Tamari or soy sauce.

E10F8CE9-E5BA-4587-B640-865847495C74

 We made another stir fry since this one and I have some decent photos but....I have just acquired a new tablet and am learning all the features. So, more on that later.

  Sharing with Beth Fish Reads Weekend Cooking event.





24 comments:

  1. I believe that my freezer also still has one bag (or maybe a half bag) of TJ's pot stickers. A trip to the Asian market for condiments last February also enriched my possibilities during this long no-shopping time. So I should be able to make something like your dish -- looks like a good idea. I'd have to substitute meat for the tofu.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I think chicken would be a good addition. We just stocked up on fresh veggies our last grocery trip.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you and I were on the same page with this week's post. I made a Mongolian sauce for tofu. I'll have to look for the bottle of PF Changs. Thanks.. Have a safe week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are do UK NBA well, Judee. Mmmm.....Mongolian sauce.

      Delete
  3. This looks scrumptious! I'll have to add pot stickers to my list for Trader Joe's. And a new tablet! Sounds exciting and a good diversion for whiling some socially distanced hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the new tablet, it is my first android in a long time.

      Delete
  4. I usually make my own pot stickers, but I haven't thought to put wrappers on my grocery list. I didn't know Trader Joe's sells them . . . Next time we brave the world, I'll have to look for htem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I just never thought about making my own! I'd like to try that.

      Delete
  5. Looks delicious! I have not seen the PF Chang's sauce--I need to look for it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at stir fry vegetables, P.F. Chang's Sesame sauce, & pot stickers, but lost me at tofu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tofu keeps a long time so when I stick up uts a great resource.

      Delete
  7. I'll have to look out for that sauce. Stay safe Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very good, Carole. I also bought a teriyaki sauce but haven't tried it yet.

      Delete
  8. I was just thinking that it might be time to make our own dumplings again. We haven't done that for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to try and make my own dumplings one day. Can't beieve I never tried it.

      Delete
  9. Yes, dumplings! When I was digging through my cupboard looking for the chocolate molds, Graham Kerr dumpling makers were uncovered! The only really naughty thing I've done this crisis was to get Chinese take-out. Ha ha. No organically grown food in that, but we can do it ourselves, and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I havent heard the name Graham Kerr is ages. I remember my mother watching his show and I always fould him entertaining. I would love Chinese takeout but so far we are sticking to what we can toss together. Love those dunplings.

      Delete
  10. We got takeout from this little Asian bistro last night and they didn't have their pan seared dumplings. I was DEVASTATED. I made do but I'm still not happy. May have to see what they have at the store to help get past it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, the Trader Joe brand is pretty good. We could make a meal of those. Don't you hate that when you have looked forward to a particular dish and they are out. Last time we bought Chinese they were actually out of eggrolls and spring rolls. Ugh.

      Delete
  11. I love potstickers but it's hard to find gluten-free ones. I discovered the hard way that silken tofu didn't cut into nice cubes like regular tofu does, but it tastes just as good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, we didn't know abouot the texture for Silken but yeah...it worked out. We liked it all the same. Recently we were able to score some extra firm tofu - yea!

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........