Wednesday, May 27, 2020

A few peaceful days at Seminole State Park in Georgia

It's been ages since we were able to get our RV out for a bit of relaxation. The weather has been nice up until we reserved our favorite site....then the forecast called for thunderstorms.  It was a rather high chance for the entire time we had planned to be away. Luckily it's not rained as much as projected on Monday. We had one huge storm but it's only been misty early Tuesday. Then the rain came in hard and and heavy and we had to stay inside.

Here is the site, we just love it.  The lake view is on the opposite side and our view while we eat or sit and read is this little open chapel and woodland.


60539064-57C6-42CD-A967-F85738426934

This is our view from the door.  A funny and odd thing happened our first night.  We saw two motorcycles near our spot, rain coming down fairly well on them as they sat and looked around.  Next thing we know they are in the chapel area for shelter and having a bite to eat.

255C8BF2-5AB6-4D23-892C-626A4B775970

One rides off and comes back with a park ranger.  What happened was they asked permission to stay the night and get out of the rain before heading on to their destination the following day.  They were such nice guys, one was retired Army and they chatted with us a bit.

Lake view.  We have camped there before and it's pretty but extremely windy.

92074800-E7F4-4E72-A739-95969F39BD05

Selfie from inside. I can't wait for a haircut!

8A6F00DA-B74F-4BBC-98C0-08D2A5702615

I dropped a book in the community library with a BookCrossing number.  I hope someone gets it and logs it.  It would be cool to see where it travels.

2C10D168-D3DA-44FB-9476-6CE29E0BD512

I finished my comfort book, an old faithful by Rosamunde Pilcher because I wanted to know I had a consistantly good story.  Love The Shell Seekers even though it's a bit dated.  I'll eventully get that up on my book blog.

Just started Joanna Trollope's Mum and Dad and so far I'm enjoying it.

F51984E3-2FF8-4C04-BC56-9A4E8C8227B1

We took a walk during a lull in misting rain Tuesday and saw the boardwalk.  If you squint you'll see a large white stork like bird in a tree just above the railing.  It's a peaceful scene.

  3560B757-6883-40D7-BF00-219A008E2CD2

A flowering plant which I'd love to identify.  Anyone know what this is? It was prettier up close.

06951C3E-C93D-4838-AB88-116F5A12630D

So that's it for my Tuesday update.  We will be packing up soon and have a busy week ahead with dropping the RV off for service, picking up mail and I have a doctor appointment.

Hoping everyone is doing well, staying healthy and having fun.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you were mostly alone. I'd love to go camping again! I see the bird! I have a drs. appt. tomorrow. I'd rather stay home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't very busy at all, Vicki. I loved all the birdsong and wish I could have captured photos of the red headed woodpeckers. Beautiful birds.
      I'm actually looking forward to my doctor appointment today! Hope they can fix me up :-)

      Delete
  2. Your camping tales are always so calming and tranquil. A nice lake, a few birds, not many neighbors... RVs are definitely nice for isolating.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, early on in this pandemic we talked about getting a 30 amp charging station for the RV installed so if the worst happened (one of us got the virus), it would be easy to self isolate.

      The campground was quiet and we managed a few walks before rain set in. Lots of birds. Perfect. I hope you and your family are doing well.

      Delete
  3. We're using our boat for isolation getaways. So glad we can go self-isolate at the lake. We are still working on renovating that big beast so it's not so relaxing all the time. But, it is a getaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, that sounds very peaceful. I hope you will post photos when you have it looking like you want. You could write a recipe and sailing book like SEAsoned :-)

      Delete
  4. Looks like a peaceful getaway! That's a really pretty spot, and I love the boardwalk view. I'd have loved the rainy time in a camper. I hope your doctor visit goes very well. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, being out on our own is always great. We love the woods and the birds, cooking outdoors and walking. I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great spot. Is that Joe-Pye weed? I can't quite get a good view. And let's not talk about haircuts -- LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, but I'll look up. The photos of Joe Pye weed look similar. It's very pretty and of course grows wild in the parks.

      Delete
  6. We're eager to get out in our RV, as well! We had to cancel a two-month trip back in April, but aren't sure when we'll feel safe to head out, at this point. What make and model RV do you own? We have a Thor Four Winds (Class C). We love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the quarantine we just stayed home, walked out to visit our RV but finally we had an opportunity to spend a few days at a quiet park. It was great. We now have a Thor ACE 27.2 class A. We had recently traded our class C . That was a Thor Freedom Elite. We needed a little more room as it was a very small class C .

      Before the virus was an issue we’d planned more travel.... but you know how that is!

      Delete
    2. Our Class C is 27 feet, so it feels pretty comfortable for the two of us. We looked at larger Class A models, but we didn't want to go larger than 30 feet, so it wasn't worth switching just for a few more feet. The only benefit we saw was more storage in the "basement" areas. The layouts were pretty similar to what we already have. Now to get back out there! Maybe in a month or two we can find some secluded areas, but once the state parks re-open in Oregon, I'm afraid they will be packed!

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........