Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Cauldron Cakes


It's the middle of August already!  As I am the host for the movie night with Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone I figured I better get on the stick and get my post ready.

There was just so much food in the movie it was difficult for me to choose. Lots of roasts, veggies, candies, sweets and breakfast fare.  As Harry wasn't treated well at all when he lived with the Dursley family this abundance of food blew him away. 

The first movie is so great with his discovery of family and friends, learning he is a wizard...all of it.


20200621_145934  BF172FC7-3454-4050-A9BE-C23CB4D3016F 

 Ultimately I decided to trash the kitchen counters by adorning them with melted chocolate, cake crumbs and whipped cream.  Totally worth it.

I had this image of a cute little chocolate cauldron stuffed with cherry pie filling and whipped cream. The top of the cupcake (or muffin) becomes the bottom of the cauldron.  See...just flip it. Next time I will make bigger muffins but I am not complaining about the ooey gooey chocolate and filling in this bad boy!

20200811_120525



There is still time to join in if you'd like. My announcement post went up HERE if you'd like to take a look. 

 Sharing with Marg for the Weekend Cooking event and Food 'n Flix for the August feature film.

20200627_182735

15 comments:

  1. I think it was such a fun idea, Tina - and I like the execution, they look delicious! Thanks so much for hosting this month, I need to get my broom in gear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, it was fun to do and I was all over the place on the menu choice. I almost went with a buttermilk oven fried chciken drumsticks because Ron had one in each hand at some point.

      Delete
  2. I want the recipe for the laden and beautiful platters of savory and sweet dinners that appear on the great dining table at Hogwarts without any noticeable human (or house elf) intervention. I would settle for even just one platter with two portions of dinner coming from out of nowhere into my dining room.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, that's the sort of magic I would like to see as well! While I enjoy puttering around in the kitchen a sudden appearance of food would be welcome.

      Delete
  3. ooh how delicious. isn't it funny that the american name for the book was changed to sorcerer's stone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, I thought so but I can't remember the reasoning. It's like that with many books so I always double check that I didn't already buy it!

      Delete
  4. yum! These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! I love the idea of Food 'n Flix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it's a fun group. A different movie every month and creative foodie posts.

      Delete
  6. These sound delicious. Thanks for hosting and thanks for choosing this film. I hadn't watched it in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, it was fun. We started watching the other movies in order after that. Glad you had fun.

      Delete
  7. Messy or not. So good! I love the combination of cherry and choco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, I think chocolate and cherry are a natural marriage.

      Delete
  8. I love your cauldron cakes! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........