Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Stovetop Meals and Grousing

Man, what a week. It's been fun and hectic looking at things for the remodel and I planned to share that but.....all I could think about the last few days was my lost wallet. 

We were walking out of Home Depot, Doug pushing the shopping cart with our fixtures and me following with Loki on his leash. I had placed my wallet in my purse and I evidently did not shove it in deep enough. Unbeknownst me, it fell out.

A mere ten minutes later we arrive at the library and I discover the absence of my wallet. Raced back to H.D. and scour the parking lot, check with customer service and a manager. It is gone. Arggh........ Everything is handled now such as getting a new drivers licence ordered, credit cards canceled, a new insurance card requested, etc.

Today I will just share the week's meals. Any who follow me on Instagram may have already seen these photos I posted yesterday. These are meals we can prepare without the use of an oven.  Lately I have been making a list of skillet/stovetop meals for when we live in the the RV during the demolition. 


This stir fry is different each time we make it.  Sometimes we use different veggies and sometimes we use chicken or tofu.  We know we like it best with the Ramen noodles.








This salad of baby spinach, beefsteak tomatoes, avocado and toasted walnuts was a fabulous accompaniment to the leftover chicken dinner.



Easy to toss together.


Pull the stems off the baby spinach leaves. Chop any type tomatoes you like and slice avocado.  Toast the walnut halves at 350 F for about 10 minutes.  I rubbed a little olive oil on the walnuts.  Toss all ingredients and add favorite dressing.  We used red wine vinegar and olive oil. 

Sharing with
Marg at The Intrepid Reader for Weekend Cooking series
Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for Souper Sunday


18 comments:

  1. Sorry about your wallet, I'm glad you got everything cancelled and have new ones on the way. Your food looks very good, especially the first two and the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki. It’s been a headache getting everyone placed but, almost done!

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your wallet...What a hassle!! At least the eating was good. The stir fry looks especially appealing. I prefer ramen noodles, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, I love ramen and this stir fry is better, IMO, using noodles. Hey, I have a new drivers license now! Progress!

      Delete
  3. Losing a wallet is a real tough experience. I had mine stolen in a train station in Paris once, and I really feel for your suffering.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I can’t imagine what you went through there. Hope you had your passport. I once left my passport on a houseboat in Amsterdam but doubled back and fortunately it was still there.

      Delete
  4. Your stove-top meals all look delicious. I'm saving this post for future camping trips. I usually cook ahead so I don't have to fuss with cooking inside (and we grill a lot when the weather cooperates), but these look very doable. Thanks! And, I'm so sorry about your wallet. What a stressful situation. I just got a new wallet and should take pictures of everything I have inside just in case I need to remember what's in there should I lose it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, I’ll be adding to that list very soon as our remodel/demolition was moved up to THIS Tuesday! We will be in the RV for six weeks. That will tell us if we’d like a long extended trip in this box 🙃

      Delete
  5. The salad looks delicious! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I once had my wallet stolen, lifted out of my purse of the back of a chair. But other than the cash I got everything back the next day when someone called my father to say they had found it discarded in a parking lot!
    I also have a repertoire of meals for when we travel (gasp) and use timeshares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bummer losing your wallet and having to go through all the work to replace and protect what was in in it. Hope it all works out well. I enjoyed looking at your meals.. always looking for ideas. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes, loosing your wallet is like coming home to your house with an open door and no one home...I am keeping the Fettuccini with Sausage Peas and Ricotta it looks good and since we make our own sausage it will be fun to try. I am also looking for easy meals for the first few week my new grandson comes home from the hospital, I think we will all be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sometimes think I should be more careful, leaving my purse in the cart while I'm looking at stuff. Sorry to hear about the mishap, though it looks like you all are eating well despite ccircumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How frustrating to lose your wallet--so much involved in replacing everything! Your week looks really delicious though--lots of great food. Thanks for sharing you salad with Souper Sundays this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pain to lose your wallet and have to get everything replaced.

    Looks like you are all going to be eating well during your RV adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about your wallet. What a pain but I'm glad you've got it all dealt with. I have lost my driver's license a time or two and that's annoying enough. I really need to make stir-fry's more. They're easy and so yummy but for some reason I just never think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's just awful to lose your wallet. all that running around getting new cards etc and hoping that no one has used your credit card at the ATM! hope all is well now.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........