Saturday, June 12, 2021

The Blackstone Griddle

 Doug has been wanting this Blackstone griddle for a long time.  During our six weeks of "camping" we decided it would be nice to get it. Oh....it was so worth it.


The burgers and home fries were excellent.  I can't believe I liked it better than a grilled burger which is how it's usually done.


Breakfast has been amazing. At home when he makes pancakes  he puts some in the oven to keep warm while he cooks the next batch.  With this griddle all of the pancakes are cooked at once and we eat at the same time. 




Is it wrong to eat three pieces of bacon? 



French toast is also cooked at the same time.


Yeah, we had bacon again.  We need to cut back a little on that....maybe once we're home.


Doug spent quite a bit of time seasoning this griddle once it was set up and it hasn't had a sticking issue at all.  I would highly recommend this as a birthday gift if someone in your home likes outdoor cooking.  Looking forward to kebabs and a stir fry soon.


Soon we will set this up at home as the remodel is almost complete.  The trip has been mostly fun but I'm looking forward to cooking at home again. :-)


11 comments:

  1. We've been on the fence with a blackstone for about a year now. We were thinking of just getting a griddle top for our regular gas grill. How hard/easy is it to clean the grill?? If we get one, I'll be sure to ask you about your seasoning process. We are soooooo tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFR - Doug has wanted one for a long time. He said the seasoning process takes several hours but you can do it in a day. He spent one day doing this while we are in the state park.
      First you wash it down with hot soapy water. This is the last time you'll ever wash it.
      Seasoning: Rub oil on it, bring to high heat and keep it there until the oil quits smoking. Then turn it off, let it cool down and repeat three more times. Then it's seasoned! It's just a matter of cleaning and oiling when you use it.

      It was only $175 at Walmart for the 22 inch model, it's called Adventure ready and came with a hood, adapter hose for 20 ib. tank and a stand. We are very happy with it and everything you have cooked on this griddle has been excellent. Eggs slide around easily and no sticking. The French toast was phenomenal!

      Delete
  2. You must be excited to get home to a new kitchen!!!
    I am getting an estimate for a small renovation, nothing big but still looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, we are SO excited! The photos they have sent of the progress have been amazing, doesn't look like the same place.

      Please let us know about your renovation. Changing things out is great!

      Delete
  3. If I ever talk my kids into going camping I plan on buying one, but will also use a regular grill. I recently bought a large griddle, it's almost as large as the top of my stove. I love it.

    I loved my kitchen when we remodeled before moving into the house we live in now. I'm still not used to it being so small though, my kitchen in the house I lived in for many years was HUGE!

    All the food looks so good. Don't tell anyone but I ate 6 pieces of bacon this morning. I bought when it was BOGO and had some left. I checked the date this morning and it was June 21 so I thought I better fix it before I had to throw it out. I rarely ever eat bacon so I don't feel that bad, just full. Thanks, now I want some French toast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, we would still use both and I have also wanted a griddle for inside the house. Not sure how much use it would get now though :-)

      Sometimes it's just a six bacon kinda day!!

      Delete
  4. Everything that you cooked on it looks delicious and you have me craving French toast! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, can't go wrong with French toast!

      Delete
  5. We have been looking at these, thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melynda, I sound like I work for Blackstone with that review. I'm so glad Doug decided to purchase this while we are living in the RV. Its been used every day.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........