Friday, December 31, 2021

New Years Eve and the last toast for 2021

Tomorrow is a new year and a fresh start.  Happy new year to my friends in the southern hemisphere who have already marked the beginning of 2022. Most of my friends from Australia and New Zealand frequent my book blog so they may not see this greeting but - happy new year !

We are participating in Dry January again so tonight is the last evening of imbibing. 

 My last bottle of wine for the year is a 2017 Trapiche Medalla Malbec from Argentina.



Doug's preference is Elijah Craig and I know he was wishing for a bottle of Blantons to finish out the year.  Blantons is as scare as a unicorn in these parts.



We will have a fire tonight (this is a photo of our bonfire 2 nights ago) and watch fireworks from our yard.  It's a rural area so we will see lots of fireworks and hear much gun fire. 



 I am happy Loki isn't afraid of loud noises. He has his own seat around the firepit.



I hope you have a safe and happy new year's celebration. May all your goals come true for 2022!



10 comments:

  1. I wonder if Blanton's is hard to find here. I'll have to look. We usually get Maker's Mark or Woodford Reserve. A friend gave us a lovely bottle of Russell's Reserve for Christmas. Good on you to partake in Dry January. I might consider doing the same.

    Enjoy your bonfire and fireworks. We won't have either one of those here, although we used to have a lot of fireworks when we lived in Nebraska. It was pretty much like the 4th of July! Our dog did not care for it at all. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, it's almost impossible to find Blantons here and if you do run across a place, it's a behind the counter deal and they want $100. Doug likes Woodword Reserve too.

      I do feel sorry for all the dogs and any animal that hates loud noises. It eventually ran Loki inside!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Tina! I love that fire and it looks like Loki does too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fire looks like a perfect start to the new year. I hope you'll have a wonderful 2022,

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mae. Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy 2022.

      Delete
  4. An outdoor fire, a dog, and wine. Sounds like a perfect ending to the old year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee - I agree! I am not missing 2021!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lovely New Year's Eve. I'm so glad that Loki isn't scared of loud noises. Our cat is terrified of them and we live kind of in the country so it sounds a bit like a war zone around holidays. He's so pitiful. I'm hoping Rover doesn't become scared of them too. He didn't like it when we were outside right after midnight but he didn't seem to notice them when we were inside. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your festive season was great! have a lovely 2022. see you for Feb's IMK :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........