Sunday, March 20, 2022

Sunday Salon .....
Reading, watching and cooking

It's been months since I linked up with Sunday Salon.  As it's a low key Sunday here at our home I thought I'd try and write a post and visit others.

In the Kitchen

This week at I Heart Cooking Club they are featuring recipes that focus on anything green or anything Irish. This isn't Irish but it is a green spinach salad from Curtis Stone.  Check out his recipe for spinach salad with bacon and cherry tomatoes HERE

another

Other meal highlights include Goat Cheese and Basil Risotto and a vegetarian Hotpot from Mary McCartney's cookbook Food. Click on the links to see recipes.

Watching and Reading

We actually watched Sons of Liberty quite a while ago but we enjoyed it very much.
There are only three episodes but they are close to an hour and half long. If you watch it check out the interviews with the actors at the end.  Very good.  Loved Paul Revere's character.


Another series we liked is called 19-2.  It's a police drama set in Montreal. It's in English but if you look at the signs and documents shown those are in French.  Apparently they made this English version after a French language version.  I wish there had been more seasons of this show but they ended it well.



Reading

I've been on a mission to read what is on hand at home so I've been knocking out some books and passing them on or leaving them at the little libraries set up in campgrounds. Cook the Books recently posted their next four selections and I plan to participate there. 

Taste by Stanley Tucci is the featured selection for April/May.


Sharing with -





14 comments:

  1. I love salad and that looks so good! I'll be making a version of it this week!

    I may add Sons Of Liberty to my watch list.

    How is Loki doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, that was a good series, hope you like it. Thanks for asking about Loki. He’s still afraid of some things when we’re outside or near people but he loves us. He’s better than a year ago!

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to check out Cook the Books. I wasn't enamored of the February selection but I loved Taste and would love to talk about it with others.

    That salad is one I'd love to make here. Bacon? Cherry tomatoes? Perfect!

    Glad to see you, Tina. I'm happy you had a slow Sunday and could join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I’m done with the Red Sparrow book & plan to make Rogen Josh. Taste is definitely a good book & made me hungry. Thanks for having me at Sunday Salon 😉

      Delete
  3. We just finished season 2 of Line of Duty and are ready to take a break from that, so I'll suggest 19-2 tonight. We're also currently enjoying Murder in Provence and The Chelsea Detective.

    I loved Stanley Tucci's memoir! He's such a likeable person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, I haven’t heard of Line of Duty but will check on that one. We can’t stream but if the library has the Dvd I’ll get it. Thanks for the suggestions!

      Delete
  4. I love the looks of that salad, Tina! I need to revisit Curtis because I enjoyed all of his recipes.

    Sons of Liberty is right up my alley. I love anything about history.


    I listened to Stanley Tucci's Taste last month and really enjoyed it. Do you ever listen to books? Are you on the Libby app? It's a free app where you use your library card and can listen/read books for free. I really love it. I made Tucci's Bolognese right after I read the book and really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, every Curtis Stone recipe has been a hit with us. You'll love Sons of Liberty!

      I have never been able to get into the audible books. I get distracted and I have actually tried them a few times. Wish they'd work for me as I read that other folks love them.

      Delete
  5. Salad and Tucci’s “Taste” — great choices!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The goat cheese and basil risotto sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CrackerCrumb - you ought to try the risotto. It's very creamy and easy to prepare. Thanks for visiting me from Sunday Salon :-)

      Delete
  7. i love stanley! there has been lots of talk about him lately. I think i started some of it :-) He is fabulous! and i enjoyed his latest book so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, I agree! You ought to join in with Cook the Books next month. I heard the audio version was good as Tucci reads it.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........