Friday, June 17, 2022

Potato salad two ways

This is a decent potato salad which is easy to prepare. Doug liked it (and he doesn't like potato salad) so I am going to call this a win. Here is a snap of the dish before the sour cream was added.  It could be served warm like this.


Here it is chilled with the sour cream added.  Winner either way, just depends if you like a warm or chilled salad.


 This is simple but I'll say straight away it isn't the healthiest version and it isn't vegetarian.  You could make adjustments for that, I guess.

Peel couple of large red skinned potatoes. Cut into small pieces and boil until tender. Drain the boiled potatoes and let sit a bit.

Fry up a few pieces of bacon.  I did 3 pieces then cut them into small pieces. Save the remaining grease in the frying pan!  Once the potatoes have drained fry them up in bacon grease.  Unless it's too much grease so...use your best judgement!

 We have fresh chives growing so I went out and clipped a good amount.

Place the fried potatoes in a serving bowl and mix in the bacon pieces and chives. You may serve it warm the way it is OR you can put the bowl in the fridge and let chill then add sour cream.

Next time I may add a tiny bit of shredded cheddar (in the cold version).



Sharing with




 


14 comments:

  1. I haven't made potato salad for a long time. Both look very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! It's been a while for me too but thought I'd try this version.

      Delete
  2. Yum! I like using red potatoes for my potato salad recipe, but it's been a few years since I've made it. Maybe this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, it's a fast toss together recipe!

      Delete
  3. That looks really delicious, especially the warm version. Makes me wish I wasn't giving up bacon.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, we don't indulge in too much bacon but it's great in this particular potato salad. There's always vegetarian bacon!

      Delete
  4. Now you're making me think potato salad for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good! I love pretty much all forms of potato salad but Jason only likes a warm potato salad or what I've usually seen called German potato salad. This looks like I could make it the first way for dinner and than add sour cream to the leftovers. A perfect compromise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, it is indeed a good compromise. It's good either way.

      Delete
  6. My sister makes a great warm potato salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marg, this will be a repeat in our kitchen. You ought to post your sister's recipe :-)

      Delete
  7. I love potato salad but have never had a warm version.Interesting idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judee, it's so hot we have been enjoying the cold version more often lately.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........