Saturday, October 22, 2022

Boursin Potato Soup, Homemade Pasta Sauce, Baguettes and Kitchen happenings

I did not think I could get it together for the Weekend Cooking linkup and...well, I was correct.  Instead of showing you new recipes I will share some (in my opinion) wonderful dishes which are tried and true.

We are just back from St George Island and the chilly weather made this Boursin Potato Soup a welcome lunch once we were home.  It's vegetarian, creamy and loaded with herbs, carrots and potatoes.  (Click on highlighted link to get recipe)


Fresh baguette brushed with egg yolk.  How can you go wrong with fresh bread?!

A photo from inside the RV.  I had Beaujolais as it was chilly enough that I didn't want the white wines we'd packed.

There was some wine left so once we were home, I used in a homemade pasta sauce. This is chock full of mushrooms and leftover ground beef we had in the freezer.  Trying to use anything in the fridge/freezer so there is no waste.  




If you are ever in a hurry for dinner and you have a few chicken thighs and some grape tomatoes - you'll have dinner on the table in under an hour with very little hands on time.  Slice the tomatoes in half and add some chopped onion if you have one about.  

Toss the tomatoes and onions with olive oil and herbs, scatter over the thighs, bake at 375 for about 50 minutes.  Just check for doneness and there ya go.  This is great with rice and some veggies on the side such as green beans.  Minimal effort!

Next week I'll have some new recipes to share :-)  

Linking up with Marg at The Intrepid Reader for Weekend Cooking.



7 comments:

  1. That bourson potato soup looks amazing! I think I'll make it later this week since we're getting a big storm (thankfully, because we really need the rain, even in Oregon!). The bourson cheese might be a little on the high fat end, so I may wind up using half or two-thirds and see how it tastes. Cooking "heart healthy" is really a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chicken is similar to one that was served at a catered dinner where I ate the other night. But your version looks SO much better — they overcooked the chicken! I’m tempted to try yours.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made Potato Soup in a very long time, now I want some, and the chicken looks good too. Loki is adorable sitting on the blankie (or whatever it is)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That potato soup really does look good with the pieces of vegetables. I think I might have drank the wine rather than cooking with it ( lol) . My husband would love the baguette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good tip about the chicken and tomatoes. Sounds so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bourson potato soup looks amazing! I love boursin cheese because it's one of the few soft flavored cheeses I can eat (I'm allergic to goat milk and most of the yummy cheeses like this are goat cheese) and adding it to a potato soup just sounds delicious! And of course it's hard to beat fresh bread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need that soup! Our store only carries two flavors of Boursin cheese and neither is that basil herb one pictured in your recipe so hopefully that doesn't matter. I was on the Boursin website looking at all the flavors and OF COURSE I can't get the fig balsamic one anywhere in the state of Arkansas, dang it. I didn't want the fig one for the soup recipe, mind you, I wanted the fig one just to eat on crackers. LOL I should see if I can order a variety pack or something online. Anyway! I will try the soup recipe with whichever flavor I can get at my local Walmart. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........