Monday, October 17, 2022

Loki is a genuine Heinz 57

Loki is quite the mix.  I had read many reviews before using Embark and was impressed with the product.  Weeks back we swabbed his mouth and sent off his DNA sample.



I did not upload a photo to Embark because even though I believed in the product, I didn't want to send photos to give hints based on appearance.  Of all the guesses folks have made in comments it was Katherine at I Wish I Lived in a Library who nailed the breed. She guessed Rat Terrier.  That's about 25% of his breed.





This also explains his great devotion to chasing squirrels in the field.  Later in the week he is going to St George Island to claim new territory.  We are fortunate he's such a good camper.
 

If you are interested in testing your dog's DNA and getting info on the health issues as well, let me know if you'd like me to send you a referral link. Someone asked me about it so I sent a referral and discovered they received  $50 off the kit!  Apparently I get a $10 credit at Chewy if they purchase the kit, something else I didn't know - but $50 off is a good coupon!

Send me your email if interested. :-)

Last photo of his massive ears - my reading buddy. 💕




6 comments:

  1. Those ears crack me up!! :) My brother and his family spend a week each fall on St George Island. Looks like a nice spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you say, he has lots of variety for just one little guy! I think it's risky to have one's human DNA analysis done, as the companies that do the testing can sell results and that may backfire on you. Even an honest and well-meaning company may some day be acquired by rogues, who will say that prior confidentiality promises are cancelled. But for a pup -- Smooth Sailing!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Loki's ears! He's such a cute dog!

    I got Kaiyo's DNA from Embark Vet a little over a year ago. I was wondering if she was a mix of other breeds than what we were told (Japanese Chin) but she is 100%.Only one health risk and that's for Intervertebral Disc Disease (Type I) which she's has issues with twice, but thankfully it was minor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those ears... and congrats to Katherine for her smart guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loki is a handsome little guy-no doubt feisty too! Enjoy St. George Island.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it! It was those ears that gave it away though I can see the MinPin in there too - and they can be a bit temperamental until they get used to you which fits some of the things you've said about Loki early on.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........