Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Green Angel Hair with Garlic Butter
(from Smitten Kitchen)

If you like spinach and garlic I have a pasta recipe you will want to try.  I saw it on Joanne's site Eats Well with OthersThis is a vegetarian recipe from the latest Smitten Kitchen cookbook.  I thought I'd have to wait for the cookbook until our library acquired it and to my surprise, they did order it and I was first to receive it!  I feel very lucky,


Here is the link for JoAnn's post and recipe HERE.  Trust me, Joanne's photos came out so well and mine doesn't do it justice but the flavor....you will thank me if you try this. Also, if you used grated Parmesan instead of shaved it looks prettier but....couldn't be bothered with grating when I had perfectly lovely fresh pieces of shaved parm.  I use what is on hand/in the fridge.

On loan from the library for me this week.

Gorgeous photos.  I always preview books by checking them from the library because I don't spend money beforehand.  It has to be well amazing for me to part with $35 :-)





9 comments:

  1. That looks really good! I love spinach but not much of a garlic fan. I may give this a try anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, it's strongly garlic but I used an entire head so it might work cutting back.

      Delete
  2. I've been eyeing that new cookbook (I follow Smitten Kitchen on IG) and want to try this recipe!! Good for you to get a copy from the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, I always preview before buying and that works well most times. There are some good recipes n there!

      Delete
  3. I have this cookbook, but with the holidays and all I haven't had any time to really look through it. Must use it for next week's meal planning. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFR, I can tell you this angel hair pasta was easy and very good. We don't want to overdo it but I can't wait to make it again. Happy new year to you as well.

      Delete
  4. Green pasta is always so tempting looking!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I need to make this! It just so happens I bought frozen spinach in my new year's order. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is on my list to check out from the library. I do the same thing with cookbooks - in fact I just picked up a new pile to scan through today! I've had good luck with Smitten Kitchen's recipes and this looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........