Saturday, February 18, 2023

πŸ₯˜ Couscous, Zoodles and Stir Fry Meals 🍲

I was cleaning out my phone photos and decided I'd share some of the meals/good recipes we have had over the past 3 weeks.  Our dietary needs have changed so a few won't be repeat performances for quite some time lasagna but they are good recipes so....I added the links.  

This veggie stir fry was inspired by a clean-out-the-fridge mission. Noodles, red bell pepper, sugar snap peas, tofu, onions, mushrooms, a bit of carrot and water chestnuts.  Tamari and some sesame oil bumped it up. I love this meal.


North African Couscous - it calls for shrimp but you could substitute chicken or tofu if you please.  This recipe is dead easy and we will be having it for an upcoming lunch.


πŸ‘†πŸ‘†This is from Moosewood Cooks at Home and the recipe may be found HERE.  (Just scroll down to see the recipe in the linked post.)  I posted this in 2013 so no sense copying/pasting it again here. 

Zoodles - Just. No.  We had them warmed with lunch one day and decided I'd make a garlic sauce.  It called for roasted garlic and goat cheese and the sauce was actually appealing in looks.  Zoodles are still bland.  I won't make again and glad we only picked up two packages.

Lasagna - a good recipe we return to now and again when it's cold.


And that's my foodie post to link with Weekend Cooking at The Intrepid Reader.

I hope your week is going well!



21 comments:

  1. I am so glad you said that about zoodles, I will steer clear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, well I know some folks like them but, they were so bland to us and we did two tries so, fair trial.

      Delete
  2. I like the look of your meals! Zoodles ... even homemade ones (I have a spiralizer) just don't cut it for us. I use udon or soba or whole grain noodles when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFR, I honestly hoped the zoodles would be appealing but...nope! I will try the soba noodles in the future.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Melynda. It's different every time depending on veggies.

      Delete
  4. I was eating zoodles a while ago, but it's been a good few years! Clearly they left an impression.

    I do love a good lasagne but it is time consuming to produce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marg, lasagna is indeed time consuming but we get so many meals out of it and then I freeze some.

      Delete
  5. I found Unforgotten on Prime but it requires a Britbox subscription. Thinking of doing the free 7 day trial...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, maybe yoour library would do interlibrary loans on the DVDs? Ours does that, save you money!

      Delete
  6. Delicious! I love the couscous recipe, will definitely give it a try!

    Thanks for visiting us earlier and I hope you will have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to try your lasagna recipe- we make it some times but it's always nice to try a new recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had lasagna at a party the other night and it was quite good. In additional to the tradition recipe, there was also a seafood lasagna that was amazing. I'm going to get the recipe and give it a try.

    I don't cook with couscous, but I made a large batch of quinoa the other day and love to use it for my lunch bowls. Quinoa, black beans, diced tomato & avocado, and a spritz of lime juice. If I'm feeling decadent, I'll add a little bit of cubed jack cheese. So good and so filling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, I've never had seafood lasagna. Let me know if you make it and how it holds over because we never eat it all in one night. Reheats are for a dinner and maybe another lunch.

      Delete
  9. I add shredded zucchini to my Bolognese sauce for added bulk and nutrients, but I’d prefer pasta to zoodles. I do love lasagna but usually I’m too lazy to do the extra steps to make it more than a few times a year..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clean-the-fridge recipes can be great! I did it last night: baked pasta with Pad Thai Rice Stick noodles (end of a package), mushrooms (too many from Costco), and the ends of some good cheeses and remainder of a box of heavy cream. Amazingly good!

    I have almost used things up. Couldn't muster a stir=fry.

    best...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love some couscous, and it's always great to clean out the fridge. I'm just roasting a heap of veg. with lots of garlic and olive oil. Smells so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, the roasted veg and garlic sounds wonderful.

      Delete
  12. I will definitely be passing on the Zoodles! The sauce sounds good though. I love lasagna but it's such a hassle I don't make it very often. I should make it again soon though as it does make such good leftovers. The North African CousCous looks delicious! I will be trying that one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I know some folks like zoodles but, not us! Love the couscous dish as it's versatile for the protein you pick.

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........