Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Risotto with Spring Vegetables
{from Williams-Sonoma Italian Cookbook}

This past week I made a new recipe from Delish magazine and a tried and true one from my Williams Sonoma Italian cookbook.  Spotlighting the risotto today I can say it's flavorful and would be a good addition to the dinner table. 


 
I used my Williams-Sonoma Italian cookbook but you may find the recipe HERE.  Years back I did a vitural tour of Italy using this book and cooking from the different regions.  I posted many links in the tab above titled Italian Cooking



The risotto is from the Veneto region in the northern part of Italy.   Next time I would add more of the slender asparagus.  The Parmesan adds a good flavor but does stick to the dishes as it melts.   This paired well with a slow cooker recipe for a rotisserie chicken.  That recipe is coming up and I can say, it was a winner.


The risotto is a vegetarian dish which you could have for a lunch or main part of a dinner. To make it vegan use vegetable broth instread of chicken broth and, of course, omit the cheese.

Linking with Marg at The Intrepid Reader for Weekend Cooking.

12 comments:

  1. When I get back from Italy, I hope I will be inspired to try many different Italian dishes. This sounds like something I would like to add to my list for dishes I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really like it, Deb. The spring veggies were so good.

      Delete
  2. One of my all-time favorite foods is risotto. Now that I have learned to prepare it in the oven, I make it all the time. It's so simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, this cookbook has so many great recipes but I like the idea of doing it in the oven.

      Delete
  3. I've never tried risotto so I may give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Risotto is a favorite of mine and I know we'd love this Spring vegetable version. It's never seemed a chore to me. And looking forward to seeing your slow cooker recipe for rotisserie chicken, Not heating up the kitchen with my oven is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, I never mind the stirring either. I plan to post the slow cooker chicken next week and will drop by and let you know. It's so nice to keep the kitchen cool :-)

      Delete
  5. Looks lovely! Thanks for the visit, some days I need a break, more so than others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melynda, I look forward to seeing what you do with your land. Lots of hard work.

      Delete
  6. I love risotto but prefer it when other people make it. Mine just never comes out quite as good. I think it's a patience thing. It does look amazing though. PS I think you recommended the Sarah Jio London book to me. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Definitely a me kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I think I would read more by Sarah Jio. It was a good story and I wasn't tempted to put it down. I would love to make you risotto!

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........