Moto Guzzi, Kawasaki, Harleys..oh my!

So...we went to a craft show today that was a benefit for the county Human Society. That was fun...then we went looking at bikes - for me! I don't know if I really want one yet. Maybe just the idea of it is more thrilling than actually riding one. It's been years. Years....since I rode.

This one is a Moto Guzzi, Nevada, 750......



I can tell several things by sitting on this bike and looking at this photo.....

It has a buttery smooth clutch, light as a feather, hot looking Italian bike. And I'm hating my haircut so thank goodness I'm set to be shorn in two weeks. One negative is I am not totally flat footed on both sides. Still.... it's gorgeous.


This one is a Kawaskai Vulcan, 500, nice burgundy paint job and light to lift as well. It had a comfortable seat and the handlebars were at a great angle.



And...here is a Harley Sportster 1200xl Low...nice paint job. I could lift it well, flat footed on both sides. Tristan held each one up so I could sit and properly and to be honest......each one of those I have listed felt good.



So, it's nice to know I have choices. Any of the Honda Shadows have been a bit heavy for me. I can't budge a Triumph, a Dyna or many other bikes I like the looks of. But I'm mad for the looks of that Guzzi....just don't know if it would be a practical choice.

For now I better to be content to ride on the back of Doug's Road Glide. I really do enjoy that...it's fun.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Well, I'm a little partial to the Vulcan ;) I finally got some pics and put it on the blog - all it made me realize was I need to lose 20 pounds!! I like the Harley as well...I think being able to keep your feet flat is key though....

Donna-FFW said...

Lookin hot on the cycle, lady;)

Velva said...

Wow, a chrome diva! Impressive. I think you ought to get the bike :-)

Wandering Coyote said...

Wow - all these biker-foodbloggers! I must be missing out on something!

Kim said...

You look great on the moto guzzi! We had a Shadow a couple years ago and I loved that bike. When we had our second baby, we sold the bikes. You should totally get one when you can. I could never reach the ground on one to hold it up or drive it myself :D

Le laquet said...

I love the sound of a Moto Guzzi :o) Decisions, decisions eh?!?!

p.s. Me to on the haircut and a friend has given me a voucher for a free "chop" at a nearby hot salon - cool or what?

Pierce said...

Cathy - I am going to go check out your update asap. You must be so exited!

Thank you Donna, Velva and Wandering!

Kim, you must be short like me. I had a little bike when I met Doug and after an accident then we had a baby, no riding for us either. Now my "baby" has a big Triumph!

Jo, the guzzi sounds delcious, doesn't it? I'd love to see your new haircut; I'll get photos of mine too. Nothing like seeing a photo of yourself to see where you want to make changes.

Lime and Ginger Salmon with Coconut Rice

The word stalker tends to bring up alarming images so it's probably good not describe yourself as such.  But I have to say, stalking a g...