Friday, April 08, 2011

Happy Friday!!

What a week. After the pollen and sinus issues I have had it is such a pleasure to taste food again. We love to eat…love the textures of different ingredients melding together as you take a small bite of porcini and portabello mushrooms in a thick sauce. Wine…..don’t get me started……..but sadly….most things were either flavorless or metal to the taste or just off. What a disappointment when you anticipate a marvelous meal with plans to savor it over a good bottle of vino.

Well…taste buds are back to normal! A mushroom ragu from Cook’s Illustrated was most appreciated after that dark time. More later…….


Updates

So, one of my resolutions for this year was to change my page appearance. Done. I like it, do you? I wanted tabs for the longest time. (It will be an ongoing process because I am basically computer illiterate.) All my other resolutions as far as following my Food Network calendar food celebrations went down the tube with my health beginning in February. Thankfully that is all over!! (Knocking on wood)

We wanted a patio for the longest time and that is finally in the works. I am going to take before/after photos. After that is in we’ll have fencing around a small area so our shibas can roam about without leashes. I picture us sitting outside with a pitcher of margaritas and nachos. Or beer in a big metal tub packed with ice as we grill chicken wings. Or a ice cold bottle of chardonnay on the table as we sit and dine on crab cakes while the shibas lounge on padded lawn furniture..begging from their comfortable thrones.



I just finished up with Bella Tuscany by Frances Mayes.



One on the list I have for a personal goal for the Italy in Books 2011 Challenge. More on that as well as the book review and recipes for this fantastic meal may be found at Novel Meals.



Our son has completed 4 weeks of basic combat training and we look forward to hearing more form him. He’s been sooooooooo busy! We are proud of him and look forward to seeing him graduate next month. Doug has been keeping Tristan’s Road King in running order until he can have it when he is in Virginia. I know Tristan misses riding.



On tap for this weekend is a ride to eat lunch…anywhere….maybe a coast destination…..and then lasagna and chocolate cream pie. I will be cooking like a mad woman this Sunday.



Hope all is well in your world.

13 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to dinner on Sunday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page looks great, Tina!! Good job revamping it :D And I hope you have a wonderful, tasty, wind-in-your-hair weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new page look!! As always, I love the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Mrs C - looks really good! Ah food at the coast *dreams of this*
    Have a great weekend T & D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new look Tina - especially your header. Enjoy your weekend and I'll be there Sunday for dinner! Better buy an extra bottle of wine....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! I get so frustrated with computer code and all that junk. I dn't know why I had such a boner for the tabs...but I did. :-)

    Angel - You ought to come early in case our boy calls. That would be a surprise for him to talk to all of us.

    Heather - I will take photos!

    Jerry - Thanks so much. I ramble alot.

    Mrs L - True that...food from the coast, good stuff.

    Brenda - C'mon girl! We'll get loud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new page on your blog. I have my husband redesigning my blog too. It is quite a work but he will make it lol. Can't wait for more beautiful things from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Katerina, I really appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes I do love it, love the header pic, such a fine statement for your title I think, so proper!!!

    and as for the tabs, I know what you mean, took me forever to get them up there and then another forever to get them to go where I wanted them to, which was not the norm.. simple for most but so difficult for me

    and thanks for keeping us posted on everything else, (Can't wait to see those thrones) - hope you did get to go to the coast, maybe dip your toes in and eat seafood and down a few...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your page looks great. I love the tabs!

    So glad you finally heard from Tristan and also glad that he is doing well.

    Hope you had a great ride over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drick, no sir, you weren't alone with tabs. Some people get it...I am slow in that area. haha. We never did get to the coast and rode 70 miles or so and ate BBQ. The BBQ was calling.....

    Kim - Thank you! It was great to talk to Tristan....fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........