Monday, December 05, 2011

Mincemeat Danish

Danish. I love almost as much as pie.



It was a herculean effort not to eat more than one wedge of this - just barely cooled long enough to slice once removed from the oven.



This recipe was adapted from Marie’s site The English Kitchen. You could omit the mincemeat and use strawberry jam or just have the cheese filling.



Ingredients:
1 tube crescent rolls
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup mincemeat

Roll the dough out. Mix cream the other ingredients except mincemeat, use a whisk. I used my Nigella whisk.

Now spread the cheesy mixture along the center of the dough. Top with about a cup of mincemeat. Fold the dough back over and bake at 375 F for 15 to 20 minutes.

If you don't cut little strips off it could be a more presentable sight merely folding the dough over the top.

Now I have a huge jar of mincemeat so...I suppose you'll be seeing more desserts featuring the Cross and Blackwell specialty.

If you make this let me know how yours turned out. Email or Facebook or Twitter me!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........