Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Want to get Messy? Try Tyler Florence's Salt and Pepper Wings



I know there are other people out there who love messy, hands on meals as much as I do. Being a step away from needing professional help with my clumsiness, It's great to enjoy a meal where it’s expected to drop a sticky wing, smear chicken grease on a drinking glass and dribble blue cheese sauce on the tablecloth. It helps me blend in. If you are like me, the Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings will provide respite from wearing the proverbial “slob crown” (For the record, it’s not a “get out the entire roll of paper towels sloppy")



Last week I wrote about the nice gift Alexia Foods sent me, courtesy of a giveaway from Joanne at Eats Well With Others. That post is HERE After looking at all the delectable recipes and photos in Tyler Florence’s book Family Meals – the Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings with blue cheese sauce won out for a messy weekend feast. And it’s easy!



Cut tips off wings. Douse with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Salt and pepper. Now place on a cooking sheet and bake for 45 minutes at 400 F. It wasd against Doug's natural instincts for me to bake these wings. He always grills them. Can't say that now :-)

See? Easy. This worked out to be two meals for the two of us. I think I’ll double the batch next time.

Onion Rings courtesy of Alexia Foods



This evening I am hoping for a big bowl of cassoulet and a glass or two of wine. My bread machine will get the kneading process going on fresh baguettes (as we speak it ought to be working) and I will finish it off and shape and bake it when I arrive home. Win-win!

Hope you all are staying warm and enjoying the holidays!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........