Friday, July 06, 2012

Caribbean Creams

My son is home to visit. I honestly don’t think he knows how much we look forward to seeing him ………. even short visits are so very welcome. His impending visit jump starts me to think of memorable meals I want to share. One is the Tequila Honey Chicken which we have made several times since I posted it way back in August of last year. Truly a favorite at our place.

Also, I can make any number of desserts I have been avoiding because the quantities would be too great a temptation to have in the house for just the two of us.



These Caribbean Creams from Nigella Lawson’s book, Nigella Express, seemed perfect for a tropical themed evening.

5 Simple Ingredients

6 ounces of coconut yogurt
¾ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon coconut rum, such as Malibu or Captain Morgan
1 banana
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar

4 simple steps

1. Stir together the yogurt and cream with the coconut rum, whisking until slightly thickened.

2. Slice the banana and then divide the slices between four small ramekins, forming a layer at the bottom of each one.

3. Spoon in the thickened yogurt and cream mixture, filling the ramekins equally.

4. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar over each ramekin, then wrap them in plastic wrap or do as I did and use the lids. Place in the fridge overnight.

Decadently delicious, smooth and creamy.grab a spoon!



Coming up I will make Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies and another favorite here, Black Forest Pie.

Hope all is well in your world.

17 comments:

  1. may be simple steps but it sho' do look like a grand dessert - looking forward to the black forest pie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Drick. I am a big fan of the black forest pie....but these creams will certainly be made again too. Very rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so perfect right now Pierce! I love all of the tropical flavors! Nigella is an awesome chef that only a few of us follow, use her recipes, and/or share on our blogs! I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been curious about this recipe, but I could never find the coconut yogurt in order to make it. I bet it is delicious.

    So glad you are enjoying your son's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. L, you would love this one. I could almost eat two of them but they are so rich.

    Roz - thank you, I feel the same way about Nigella. She always has good recipes.

    Kim, I was the same way, wanted to make it but until recently I could not find coconut yogurt. I would mail you some if I could :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look rich - gonna give them a go in France ... Lavinia is always looking for new easy dinner party recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. L, I hope they are a big hit. They are super easy. Would love to prepare them for you and Mr/Mrs C sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like one of the ultimates in dessert :D

    Cheers
    CCU

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Afternoon Tina, This dessert is right up my street... and so deliciously simple. I am looking forward to trying it.... I love coconut and yoghurt.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. coconut rum - delicioso! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........