Rosé d'Anjou for the mini weekend wine review

Remy Pannier from the Loire valley in France.



Tastes much sweeter than the other rosés we have been enjoying. Strawberry notes, medium-sweet wine and easy to tip back. Despite enjoying it with a light meal of cold steamed shrimp and fruit salad....I would rather have one of the other French or Spanish rosés we had previously.



This was not a bad price at $12.99 but compared to the Borsao or Chateau Grande Cassagne (very reasonably priced at $9 and $10) this one won't be on the must-buy-list.

4 comments:

Debra Eliotseats said...

Wish I could get some today. Alas, it's Sunday! :( Love your reviews and must have some Rose before the weather changes!

Pierce said...

Thanks Debra, it's been fun comparing these wines before summer weather goes away.

Le laquet said...

I have to be honest (occasional sweet tooth when it comes to rose) - one of my favourites.

Tina said...

We aren't fans of too sweet a wine but I know we finished this bottle :-)

Lime and Ginger Salmon with Coconut Rice

The word stalker tends to bring up alarming images so it's probably good not describe yourself as such.  But I have to say, stalking a g...