Monday, October 29, 2012

Haunted: Free book on Kindle and a slice of pumpkin pie

Do you have a Kindle? If so, you are in luck because I have a good deal to share with you. Halloween is sneaking up on us so here is a FREE book with spooky tales just perfect for this time of year.



HAUNTED by Janel Gradowski is a collection of flash fiction stories with a common theme.

Well written with good character development, you can visualize the scenes she paints so effortlessly .... I think you’ll be hungry for more. “Sequestered” is the first story in Haunted and the ending gave me a chill down my spine. The descriptor reads “The house on a lake seems like the perfect place to get over an ex-fiancĂ©.” Lots of twists and surprises in the six stories.

Check out the deal at Amazon HERE and if you miss out, the cost is only .99 cents. I just purchased her other flash fiction book titled Revenge and look forward to it this evening.

Look for more coming up from this author. For more information check out Janel’s Jumble.

Ok…food.



Spooky tales require a Halloween themed dessert if you ask me. Want a slice of pumpkin pie? I sure do. Come on over and I will grab a plate for you.

Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients needed

3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell

Whipped cream would be a nice topping :-)

Directions

MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

POUR into pie shell.

BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.



This is a recipe from the 1950 era and has been on the Libby can all these years. It's excellent....it's creamy, rich and a treat without too many calories. Heck, pumpkin is a vegetable so let me get another slice :-)

Coming up I have some Cuban recipes from Clarita's Cocina.

Happy Halloween to you all.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I could come on over there and taste this beautiful pumpkin pie Tina! But I can still admire it through my laptop screen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would be be very welcome, Katerina. It was a pretty good pie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........