Popovers

These are easy! They are similar to little Yorkshire puddings but not as good because we didn't have the beef broth.



Popovers = a quick bread solution. I had been wanting to try these for quite some time and as I hadn’t the time to make a loaf of bread, this was a good solution. I don’t have a popover pan but truth is….you can adapt by using a large size muffin pan. Easy and hardly any hands on time so you are free to work on dinner or read a chapter in your book, play with your kids or pets…..

Five simple ingredients which you probably have in your kitchen now.

2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon melted butter

I used my stand mixer and so followed directions from my KitchenAid cookbook. Place all ingredients into mixer bowl. Mix all ingredients for 15 seconds on speed 4 using the wire whisk attachment. Scrape bowl after the 15 seconds. Now mix again, speed 4, for another 15 seconds.

Fill 6 or 8 heavily greased and flour popover molds, or ramekins or a large muffin pan half full of batter. I used my large muffin pan. Place pan in cold oven and set for 450 F. Bake for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 F and bake another 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.



These would be great with jam or butter once they are fresh out of the oven. I will certainly make them again.

This little one was from batter left over, poured into a tiny ramekin...it was as good as the others.



So next up I have a few things in the works. I have the roundup for Food 'n Flix feature to post, an exciting experience at Talon Training Group where Doug and I had a great time and more recipes from my Mediterranean cookbook.

Hope you are well!!

4 comments:

drick perry said...

these do look good - I do not have a popover pan either, one more pan I wish I had but I know I would only use it a few times, much like my many other baking pans....

Pierce said...

Drick, I know what you mean. There are so many cooking and baking toys but they are aimed at single use such as a popover pan, Madeline pan, etc.

These are going to be repeats though. And made in the big muffin pan.

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, oh - looks delicious! email on the way ... and maybe a postcard from Carlucet x

Pierce said...

Anything from Carlucet is very welcome!

Lime and Ginger Salmon with Coconut Rice

The word stalker tends to bring up alarming images so it's probably good not describe yourself as such.  But I have to say, stalking a g...