Sunday, November 01, 2015

A bit of Rest and Relaxation
St George Island and Panama City Beach

I love this photo. I snapped it while following Doug to St George Island. We took vacation time recently and spent 3 days at the shore. I drove the Subaru, accompanied by Aja, while Doug rode the trike. It's always nice riding near the water.

FullSizeRender (11)

Riding over the bridge to St. George Island

FullSizeRender (12)

Aja was exhausted after such a long day. It was a long ride, she didn't get to sleep, she was in a strange place and probably a bit concerned. So you can see, she cuddled up with her Daddy and tried to sleep.

IMG_4532

We didn't want to leave Aja after such a long day so we planned ahead for dinner. We prepared scallops for dinner, stayed in the rental and tried to watch some baseball.

IMG_4540

Walking around the next day Aja spied a sand crab scuttling about in the grass.

IMG_4569 - Copy


No good can come of this!

IMG_4572 - Copy

Later we walked on the beach. Not for long.

IMG_4573

We wandered around Apalachicola for a bit. There was an entire wall covered with graffiti so I needed a photo of that.

IMG_4553

Another day we rode to Panama City Beach and visited the Harley Davidson dealership.
I spent too much money. The good news is, everything I bought was on sale or clearance but still....I went a wee bit overboard :-)

IMG_4591

We found a fairly inexpensive place to eat at PC Beach. Grilled fish tacos with some great black beans and rice.

IMG_4595

This was at Pier Park in Panama City Beach. It was a bit too touristy for us, reminded me of a Gaitlinburg version along the shore. It was actually hard to find a local place to eat. So many chain restaurants. But the fish tacos were excellent.

IMG_4597

Time to head back so we are in time for Aja's dinner. I leaned over the side to get this shot!

IMG_4628

It's a long bridge. A shadow shot always appeals to me. I love riding on this trike, it's sooooo much fun.

IMG_4665


Ok, she's ready to go home.

IMG_4574

It was a nice couple of days.

IMG_4664

6 comments:

  1. Lovely.
    We made it to Spain BUT Vin had a mishap - will email you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a delightful couple of days. Its great to get out of town to relax and slow down.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip!! I've never been to Panama Beach but after seeing your photos I would like to go. Glad you all had a great time! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was, Velva, very relaxing. And needed.

    Thank you, Vicki, it was fun. I sure wish we'd get some cooler weather for trips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow---love traveling along with you. Great pics. Poor Aja looks so forelorn in some of the shots.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........