Meal Planning #7
{Picadilla, Wings & Honey Roasted Chicken}


Last week was so cold! I know I won’t get sympathy from you folks in South Dakota or Oklahoma or Toronto but damn….I’m in Florida!! When I was growing up in Pennsylvania the change of seasons meant four distinct types of weather.

weather

Here it’s unbelievably hot 80% percent of the time and then BAM – it’s freezing. If we are lucky we get a week of open window weather. Now don’t get me wrong, I love when I can wear boots, sweaters and sit by a bonfire. The problem is, they aren’t giving us much heat at work. Yes, I work indoors – I am a government drone and I work inside a building. In an office. My office temperature is 64 F / 17 C and I can tell you – when you sit at a desk for a good portion of the day the chill sets in hard. Right, enough complaining.

Here is a week of meals.

Sunday: Grilled Wings with roasted sweet potato, turnips and parsnips.

IMG_5734

Roasted vegetables
IMG_5735


Monday: Picadilla, maduras, rice and black beans, Cuban bread and Key lime pie

IMG_5773


Tuesday: Leftover picadilla meal

Wednesday: Roasted honeyed chicken thighs, carrots and green beans

FullSizeRender

Thursday: Leftover chicken for dinner

Friday: Split pea soup, Bratwurst with potatoes, red peppers, garlic, celery, onions and mushrooms

FullSizeRender (1)


Saturday: Lunch at Wing Stop and leftover brats for dinner

(Yucky blurry photo)
IMG_5809

Next week I have a few good meals planned that I haven't made in a long while. Go-to meals in the past that I am reviving.

Hope your week was great!

IMG_5729

8 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Did you really have chicken 4 times in one week? I love chicken, so I'm impressed!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

Your food looks good!

It's cold where I'm at in Florida too, high of 54° today. It's windy too, and the wind is what gets me.

Tina said...

Yes, Mae, I break it up with beef or pasta but we love chicken, it's so versatile!

Vicki, we have had it easy for a while, temperature wise, so I am not loving this biting wind and cold temps!

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Tina!
Well, as you know I'm in PA:) We were more than lucky this last snowstorm. Central PA must have been on that line they kept talking about because we got less than 2 inches of snow. The sun is shining today and it is melting!!!

I keep the house pretty cool but 64 degrees is way to cold especially when you are sitting in an office. Marion would have my head if I kept it that cool, lol..

Your meals all sound good. We've been eating a lot of chicken around here too. Not only is it versatile, but it is also more price friendly:) I sure wish we could barbecue though!!!

Thanks for sharing, Tina...enjoy your "warmer" weather:)

Le laquet said...

Apparently NY's weather is coming this way #shudder
I feel soups coming on!

Tina said...

Louise, you are cortunTe to have only gotten 2 inches of snow with that awful storm. It's been so many years since I had to mess about with snow, I don't miss it. Thanks, about the meals, chicken is very versatile and we clearly love it!

Laquet, soup is always good but better as a quick warmer. I'm sorry you are about to get that nasty storm!

Le laquet said...

But it's only going to dump rain #phew
Sweet potato and bacon soup here yesterday - didn't need much, just a handful of lardons, onions, potato, garlic and stock. Delicious!

Tina said...

Mrs. L, do you cook the sweet potato first or chop in small chunks? I like the sound of that soup.

Lime and Ginger Salmon with Coconut Rice

The word stalker tends to bring up alarming images so it's probably good not describe yourself as such.  But I have to say, stalking a g...