Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Snow in Florida
{ It's a cheat.....but it was fun! }

Many, many years ago I lived where there was snow. Sometimes LOTS of snow and as a kid, that was just plain fun.  I am an exiled Pennsylvanian living in the north of Florida. I grew up outside Philly and enjoyed roaming the freshly shoveled sidewalks in Brookhaven and Parkside.

snow1

My husband didn't have the annual winter experience of snow ball fights, sledding or making forts using milk cartons packed with snow then iced down to make a formidable wall (that's where you stash the snowballs and start a war, ducking for cover and getting soaked).

He and I thought about moving to a part of the country that has four distinct seasons, sometime after we both retire.  I don't think that is going to happen as we can be big ol' babies about the cold.  It's a nice thought, in theory....moving to Tennessee or Idaho or Utah.

doug

This snow you see here is a cheat.  We drove to Havana one evening, as we usually do to walk Aja, and we saw all this snow.  They had brought in a truck and used some sort of blower to manufacture a winter wonderland.  I wish we had known about it earlier.  It felt like the real thing, you could pack a snowball.  Very cool.

snow4

After wandering around for a while we decided to grab a pizza from Oscar's place and go home, watch some of Longmire Season 4.  If you've seen it, don't tell me what happens!  I know there will be 2 more seasons and that will wrap up the series.

Here is a picture of the pizza - it was oozing cheese.  We had spinach, Roma tomatoes and fresh mushrooms. Fantastic combination.  Open a bottle of Dreaming Tree Crush and that's a fine movie meal.


pizza1

While we walking around, waiting on the pizza to bake, we looked in shop windows and the holiday displays.  This one below moves.  Santa lifts the hammers and works on a toy, moves his head around.  Very cool - reminded me of all the magical displays in Chester when I was a kid.

snow3

So, Christmas is over and we are going to be packing away the tree and decorations this week.  We had a bit of rain recently and that puts a cramp in the walking and riding but this week - perfectly nice warm weather.

Here is my granddaughter playing in puddles. She is a water baby for sure, loves the water.

pizza3

Hopefully everyone had a nice holiday, we did.  New year's eve is approaching fast but I don't think we will make a special dinner this year. In the past I made corn fritters, bacon wrapped shrimp and asparagus risotto but I don't know what we want this year.  Maybe pizza or Chinese takeaway.  Or seafood, that's always good.

I've been working on my book blog recently so I'm not sure if I'll be back here before the new year.  So, I wish anyone reading to have a safe and happy celebration, whatever you are planning!

Tina
xx

9 comments:

  1. Elizabeth is looking so big!
    I am always amazed when ice/snow in that volume is transported somewhere warm. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. The thing I don't like about pizza is that it's always too heavy ... that looks fresh with all the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see snow again! I grew up in Ohio and really miss it.

    That pizza looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, This pizza is lighter crust and so packed with good toppings. Plus it is a local business and we try and support those over chains. I know, about the snow! It was wild, I haven't been in snow in ages, real snow.

    Vicki, I don't think i miss the shoveling or driving but it was fun playing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Tina! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was reading the first part and thinking, "What---I didn't see that on the news!" What a cool idea. Don't tell me about Longmire either. I think we are very far behind! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to You and Yours, Tina!!!

    In theroy, 4 seasons sounds "romantic" however, as I get older, I'm liking the thought of warmth, lol...

    I can not believe how big the baby has gotten, my word!!! She looks darling, she could pose on the label as the morton salt girl, when it rains, lol...

    Thanks for sharing, Tina...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........