Thursday, July 12, 2018

Linguine Pompeii inspired from a menu description

Linguine Pompeii is a dish I had been meaning to try for a while.  I didn't have a recipe, I saw it on the menu at Tour of Italy restaurant in Tallahassee.  When I go in and wait on a take-away pizza for our movie night I usually look over the menu.

pom3


This is a blurry photo (sorry) but you can see the ingredients listed.  This was my inspiration.  Without knowing measurements or quantities I just winged it last night.

menu

I chopped up about 8 ounces of fresh spinach, 8 cloves of garlic, 3 fat Roma Tomatoes and 4 tablespoons butter. A squirt of olive oil too.

pom1

Saute in a pan, add chopped marinated artichokes and roughly 1/2 cup of white wine.  I also tossed in a bit of salt, oregano and basil.  Oh my - the aroma was heavenly.  Is there anything like garlic cooking to get your whet your appetite?

pom2

We had thin spaghetti rather than linguine and once this sauce was tossed on, it was marvelous.  Oh, I also put in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.  That was good.

pom3

We have decided this can make a regular appearance on the meal rotations but I don't want to make it too much, don't want to get tired of it.  I have no idea how this is served at the restaurant but this version has made it on our favorites list.

Served with homemade French bread and a cold Chardonnay - it hit the spot in this hot weather.  Easy and I'd say fairly inexpensive.

I am sharing this with Beth Fish's Weekend Cooking Series

WeekendCooking


13 comments:

  1. Improvised dishes can really be the best! I like your style here.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mae. I usually use a recipe as a guideline but I figured I could pull this one off without measurements. It was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always a lover of this kind of food- looks delicioius

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me but can hear John saying, yuck, limp spinach! SIGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the ingredients and flavors in this. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when you post improvised recipes. This looks like a winner, but I'd use less garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds delicious! I will have it your version some time soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds absolutely fantastic. I am going to give it a go - very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! And what a fun way of coming with a recipe. It'd be interesting to see what you thought of the restaurant dish if you ever had it. I'd be surprised if it was nearly as good as this looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks delicious! We almost never cook with wine (we don't drink it so we almost never have it or buy it), but this is tempting! Kudos for seeing something and just trying it. I should do that more often. Or at all! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always fun to recreate recipes on one's own! Good job! This sounds delicious. (I was out of town so I'm late to respond.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made the recipe and it came out great and I blogged about it this week! Thanks Tina.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........