Saturday, September 08, 2018

A Cuban and a Before-and-After Sandwich for Souper Sunday

Happy weekend!  It seemed to take a while to get here but happy days (at least two days) are here now.  This is the all-about-sandwiches post for Souper Sunday.

The Before and After Sandwich is chicken and egg salad combined. We had a bit of chicken but not quite enough for two sandwiches.  We also had farm fresh eggs so, why not boil some and mix them together.  Cheap buns at Costco were handy so this made a great lunch for work.

Chick1
The Before and After Sandwich - use lots of tomato and lettuce.  I also added salt, pepper, garlic powder and chopped green onions. 

This Cuban is from 4 Rivers BBQ in Tallahassee and it was a very good sandwich. Would I order it again?  Absolutely!  This packed pressed sandwich was so large that I wish I hadn't gotten the two sides.  Next time I'll only order the sandwich.  It has more meat than I am used to eating but I wasn't sorry - Smoked pork,  ham, onion rings, mustard, pickles, melted provolone and 4R signature sauce.

If I ever get another sandwich press I will probably press a tomato and cheese or some healthier combo.  This was good though, I would get it again someday.


cuban

Homemade soup and salads coming up next week.

 Linking up with Deb at Kahakai Kitchen for the Souper Sunday event. Check out her Garlic Soup with Shrimp and Potato  HERE


FullSizeRender (5)


5 comments:

  1. Cubans are always a good ordering choice. It seems like if there is one on the menu, The Hubs will order it. (I like your thrown-together sandwich, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like a Before & After sandwich. And I've always loved Cubans. I haven't used my sandwich press in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken salad with hard boiled egg sounds like a natural combination -- and delicious. And onion rings sound like a natural in a Cuban sandwich. Though I've never seen either of these ingredients. Inspiration!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that Cuban makes my mouth water. I love Cuban sandwiches though I don't eat them very much. I've never had one that had onion rings on them! I need to get my sandwich press out. I used to love it but haven't pulled it out in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both sandwiches look amazing! ;-) Thanks for sharing them with Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........