Sunday, June 14, 2020

Cottage Cheese Biscuits from Lee Bailey's The Way I Cook


Before I talk about what I planned to share I woud like to ask a few questions of fellow Blogspot users.  Is anyone else having trouble adding labels to their posts?  I keep getting an error message and indeed, it isn't saving my labels.  There are a few other features (such as centering the verbiage) that seems ot have disappeared as an option. Ugh...why did they change everything?!

On to the biscuits now.

I would like to thank Beth Fish Reads for introducing me to cookbooks by Lee Bailey. Some of his books are filled with gorgeous color photos and would be at home as an interesting coffee table book. This particular cookbook, The Way I Cook is my favorite so  far.

My first recipe is the amazingly easy Cottage Cheese Biscuits.  In under 40 minutes they were assembled and baked.  Half were eaten immediately. You can bet I will be making these again as soon as I have more cottage cheese in the house.


09F91451-FD49-4A3E-A391-10E784B8A517 

They look like cookies and reminded me in appearance of a sweet coconut cookie.

63EA2D8A-7114-44C1-BCCB-55E94852428F

Light and moist, a breeze to make and only five ingredients.  Make these, trust me, you will love them.  The only problem I see now is they could become an addiction.  Too easy to pop a few in your mouth and next thing you know, you've demolished the batch.

7F1E533E-70C2-482F-8B9B-F76407706A7A


Cottage Cheese Biscuits

2 cups AP flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking poweder
5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese

Preheat oven to 450 F.  Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.  Cut butter in with a pastry blender or two knives until it is the size of small peas.  Stir in cottage cheese all at once.

Drop by generous tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.

Note: I did not have a pastry blender and used a knife to cut the butter.  It worked but I am off to purchase this inexpensive pastry cutter within the next few days.  It would be so much easier to get the butter in smaller pieces before my hot hands melt the butter.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! Those sound super quick & easy, so I may have to give them a try. My husband would love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, you won't regret it. This is an awesome cookbook.

      Delete
  2. So easy and quick, I'll be making some some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, let me know how you like them. I can't wait to make more.

      Delete
  3. These looks so good... and I need to check out that cookbook, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, it's a cookbook with loads of wonderful recipes. I recommend it.

      Delete
  4. These look really good! I love my pastry blender. I'm completely incapable of cutting in butter with just knives or forks or what not. And now I want coconut cookies as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me laugh about coconut cookies! Yeah, I need that pastry cutter, I made a mess using knives. These were completely worth it though.

      Delete
  5. My blogger problems mostly have to do with importing photos. In the new version of the software on the iPad, the pick for photos simply does nothing at all. In the old version on the desktop/laptop, sometimes the photo upload window never finishes loading. However, my labels seem to be doing fine.

    Those look good. I just made peanut butter cookies: much more indulgent!

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, now I want peanut butter cookies. I'm hoping my Blogspot learning curve doesn't drive me mad.

      Delete
  6. These sound delicious and EASY! I wasn't familiar with Lee Bailey so I Googled and educated myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, I'm making one or his salads tonight so stayed tuned! Simple recipes.

      Delete
  7. I always love new biscuit recipes. This one looks quite simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy, Deb. We ate them all in record time :-)

      Delete
  8. I love, love, love those biscuits! They are in his Soup Meals cookbook too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found many great recipes in his cookbooks. Never heard of him before you posted about the cookbooks from your mother's home!

      Delete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........