Wednesday, August 11, 2021

In My kitchen

It's time for the In My Kitchen event hosted at Sherry's Pickings. It's nice to pop over and see what is going on in kicthens around the world.  It's one method of "traveling" to visit kitchens and gardens in Australia, South Africa, Wales and more. 

Today I have inside and outside kitchen wares/food to share.

I previously posted about this griddle press which turns out great sandwiches and hash browns. That post is HERE. It's made for the Blackstone griddle but you could probably use it on any griddle (if you have room).



 This little pancake dispenser has been used quite a bit lately. It pours out the desired batter so you can make large or small pancakes, depending on your preferences.




My favorite - blueberry pancakes.



Extra large long spautulas help for turning large batches of hashbrowns, flipping a burger or French toast.


Now inside: A new rice cooker courtesy of our son.  That was an unexpected gift, ours had died a few weeks prior.  It frees up the stovetop if I have a lot going one there.



Shepherd's Pie stew made with gnocchi instead of potatoes for dinners and a lunch.  Recipe may be found HERE. I used ground chicken but you could use any protein including the Beyond Beef crumbles to make it vegetarian.



Vegetarian lentil and red bean soup over sticky rice.  Great filling lunch.


I had quite a few people ask me about the large undivided farmhouse sink and how washing up was accomplished. So I took some photos so you can see the advantage for those extra large pots which don't go into a dishwasher. Behold. The extra space is fantastic.


As for hand washing we use a plastic washtub which stows easily under the sink when we don't need it.  The racks in the bottom hold the items for rinsing. Also a drying mat handles the rinsed dishes so I put away the drain rack.  


That's it for me this month and I look forward to visiting the other homes/kitchens for new ideas.

Linking with

25 comments:

  1. I have a rice cooker but don't use it much anymore. I like the small boil in bags and the individual serving cups since my husband passed away.

    Your Shepherd's Pie stew looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, we reduce the amount of rice as it's just the two of us. Don't need too much rice!

      Delete
  2. That pancake dispenser would come in handy in my house! Do you mix the batter in it or in a separate bowl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, no we mix the batter in a bowl and i use a spatula to get it into the dispenser. You need one!!

      Delete
  3. Your pancakes are so neat. The grill press sounds like a great idea. And you seem to have your kitchen sink set up down pat. I really like the sound of the shepherd's pie stew with the gnocchi - though I think I would use lentils instead of any sort of mince.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johanna, that's a brilliant idea to use lentils. Never thought of it. Thanks for the idea :-)

      Delete
  4. hi tina
    i love the look of that pancake dispenser. so handy. thanks for joining in with IMK, and thanks for using my logo - much appreciated. Fascinating to check out your dishwashing by hand info. See you next month?!
    take care
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, absolutely I will see you next month :-) Oh, the pancake dispenser is great!

      Delete
  5. I'm from South Africa and all these lovely dishes will definitely be loved by me and my fellow country men! This is a lovely idea for a blog meme.

    Hope you had a good week!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blueberry pancakes! What a great thing. We are enjoying the ones here in Maine (on vacation) where the blueberry season started around 3 weeks ago.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, these blueberries are from Michigan but the Maine variety are frequent visiters here too. Love me some blueberry!

      Delete
  7. I might need a Blackstone and that press and the pancake dispenser. And some of each of those wonderful meals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, this griddle has been used so much, totally worth it! We also bought one for the camper.

      Delete
  8. I love that pancake dispenser! I don't have one of the flat flippy things and I think I need to get one, so often I eat pancakes! I couldn't live without my rice cooker, I don't cook rice everyday (one batch lasts me a few meals) but I couldn't imagine doing it on the stovetop! I still have the same one that I bought when I left home in 2001, it's amazing how it's managed to hang on so long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DoS, our last one must have been washed incorrectly as everything would stick and burn to the sides. Hence the new one now. It is nice to free up the stovetop.

      Delete
  9. Yum on the blueberry pancakes! I didn't bring my griddle with me to Memphis and pancakes were the number one food I missed. I'm going to have to make them again soon. I love the dispenser! I like how you're dealing with the undivided sink. Ours is the typical divided and I think I would replace it with just one big one but wasn't sure how much of a pain for handwashing and stuff. Seems like an easy solution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I used to like pancakes the most but French toast is a quick second place. It depends on the day, and Doug makes amazing French toast and pancakes.
      The lrage sink is wonderful. No problems with washing up AND you can fit those enormous pots in there.

      Delete
  10. Love that pancake dispenser! I didn't even know such a thing existed, but will have to get one when we get back home. I go back and forth on rice cookers. Have never had one before and my space is slightly more limited now. I'm still trying to decide where to store the air fryer, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We also have a large stainless steel farmhouse sink in the daughters kitchen. Also perfect for bathing the grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to have a rice cooker but now we cook it in the microwave most of the time! Love that pancake dispenser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just about to make pancakes! I still cook my rice the old fashioned way in a pot on the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of great things going on in your kitchen. Everything looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing your soups at Souper Sundays this week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have an old, old simple rice cooker that I couldn't live without. If ours ever dies, I'll ask you about yours. I love seeing you use the Blackstone!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........