Sunday, July 24, 2022

Sunday Salon

Cool Surprise / Loki is barking his fool head off so I walk outside and see our mailman driving up.  We didn't order anything so this was a surprise.  Thank you to my sweet friend in Texas! 


Watching / Cowboy movies.  Lots and lots of old cowboy movies.  We have been checking them out of the library and just about all of them are new to me.  I didn't grow up watching them but Doug has had some great suggestions. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance was particulary good.



In the Kitchen/ I participated at Cook the Books and read Anthony Bourdain's A Cook's Tour.  The inspired dish was Tomato and Eggplant Tien.

Books / Catherine Steadman's upcoming book The Family Game is keeping me busy right now.  I have read her three previous books and enjoyed them.  This one is an ARC from Netgalley to be published November 8, 2022.

Just purchased I, Mona Lisa by Natasha Solomons and looking forward to that.



That's my roundup. I am still sporting a knee brace but whatever it takes to keep moving (slowly). 

 Sharing with Deb at Readerbuzz for Sunday Salon.


16 comments:

  1. My husband is a huge Western movie fan, and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is one that's at the top of his list. Another one he's crazy about, if you haven't seen it, is Treasure of Sierra Madre.

    You will have fun with that puzzle. And I hope you get to reading I, Mona Lisa soon, as I'm curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, thanks for the movie suggestions. I get a few each week from the library. Will let you know about the Mona Lisa book.

      Delete
  2. Wow, another Mona Lisa for my collection, and only 99¢ on kindle. Thanks for the tip!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com (a mona lisa collector)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I hope you enjoy it. I plan to start it after my current book.

      Delete
  3. Oo I love westerns although I have never really watched many classic ones. Hmmm. I think I need to remedy that!

    That puzzle is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very much enjoying the old ones. We watched the newer version of 3:10 to Yuma and I liked that one.

      Delete
  4. Your eggplant dish looks yummy! I sported a knee brace for a few weeks this spring. Better than the alternative which would have been being terrified of moving at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, it honestly does help. The orthopedic clinci told me they want me to walk so I just need to be careful.

      Delete
  5. It's always nice to get a surprise through the mail. I haven't seen many cowboy films. The food picture looks good.

    Have a great week next week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/24/sunday-salon-14/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily. That eggplant dish will be a repeat here. Surprises in the mail are great!

      Delete
  6. One of my favorite set of comedy westerns are My Name Is Trinity, Trinity Is Still My Name, and Revenge Of Trinity with Terence Hill. Your post makes me want to watch them again.

    I hope your knee is better soon!

    It seems my slow down of reading has now merged into my posting. I'm way behind on both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I will add those movie selections to my list! Doug said he's seen the first two but didn't know there was a third.

      Delete
  7. I just fat-fingered “delete” on your comment on my blog so it’s lost and gone forever. I think you mentioned having some Maille mustard on hand. Lucky you! If you leave another comment I’ll try no to do it again!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I will come visit you again and leave a comment :-) If you need a jar of mustard let me know. Will be very happy to share with you.

      Delete
  8. hope your knee is okay! I'm reading a bio of a female newsreader/journalist. I hope we get out of her childhood soon. it's pretty tedious :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........