Culinary Journey to the Mediterranean

I was fortunate enough to have won a contest over at Forgotten Bookmarks. The prize is an amazing cache of 150 cookbooks! I won't be reviewing each and every one but I will review many of the books.

This one in particular is fabulous! I look forward to sampling some recipes and sharing the wonderful meals I am planning. For my review of this particular book please see me at Novel Meals



Thumbing through the book it seemed there wasn't a single recipe we didn't want to try.



So far I have prepared Espana chicken, Pan-Fried Greek potatoes and Chocolate-Walnut Torte Caprese.

Here is Espana Chicken



Ingredients........

½ cup pitted California olives
¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 TB dried oregano leaves
3 cloves garlic minced
1 cut up chicken, about 3 pounds (I used wings and thighs)
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup dry white wine
2 TB chopped parsley

Directions..........

Mix olives, oil, vinegar, oregano and garlic in a freezer bag. Put chicken in bag, seal and marinate 2 hours or overnight.

Arrange chicken and marinade in shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour wine into pan.

Bake at 350 F for one hour or until cooked, basting every 20 minutes or so. Sprinkle with parsley.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour

There will be more recipes shared here from this colorful book. Full of promise to make our table a Mediterranean feast for weeks to come!

Enjoy and if I don't talk to you before the holiday, have a good time and stay safe!

4 comments:

Velva said...

You won a 150 cookbooks? Did I read that right? Freaking awesome!

The Espana dish rocks too. I love dishes like that-delicious.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Velva

P.S. I am suddenly getting lots of spam. I am having to consider adding the security verification (ugh), I know readers don't like it. What I don't understand is that the spam is stupid-what is the purpose of writing the comments. What does a spammer gain from it?

Rita Huneault said...

Congratulations! What a win that was; you hit the jackpot. You must be thrilled cause I know you love to read. You chose a great recipe that I hope to try soon.
Rita

Pierce said...

Velva and Rita - yes, I was astounded and they are slowly trickling in. Some books are quite old and some are in mint condition. So cool!

As far as spammers, I have my spam box filling up with the comments awaiting approval. Some are disgusting, the links they put up. I don't want to go to a verification code but may need to.

Le laquet said...

150 cookbooks?? I had to re-read that about 5 times! That Chicken EspaƱa looks and sounds delicious, sticky and juicy. What did you eat with it?

Lime and Ginger Salmon with Coconut Rice

The word stalker tends to bring up alarming images so it's probably good not describe yourself as such.  But I have to say, stalking a g...