Thursday, December 26, 2013

Oregano Lemon Chicken

There are quite a few sites I frequent where the writing is entertaining, interesting, sometimes instructional and many times...the food and recipes are just so darned good. Tomatoes on the Vine is one of my those places in my favorites folder. Velva recently wrote about Oregano Lemon Chicken which she snared from Taste of Home magazine. In turn, I am shamelessly stealing it from Velva :-) and hope she doesn't mind.



It's a delicious meal and super easy to toss together. The honey I used was from Velva's brother's bees. Now that's cooking using true local ingredients.

Oregano Lemon Chicken
Recipe originally from Taste of Home (I got it from Velva)

Ingredients:
6 bone-in chicken thighs
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dried oregano

Directions:
Place the chicken in a 13-in. x by 9-in. baking dish. Combine the lemon juice, honey, oil, garlic and oregano; Pour over chicken.

Look at this lush marinade!




Bake, uncovered at 375F. for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180F, basting occasionally with pan juices.

This was great and it didn't last us as many nights as it should have. It was just that good.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and plan a safe and festive new year.

Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. Chicken on the bone is just so much better! This looks delicious - I am considering a chicken with marmalade and wholegrain mustard recipe from Eat. Did you notice NS replied to me on Twitter about his book. He did! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used local honey! The ingredients are simple but I imagine they were super good. I may have to steal this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I am so glad you made this dish and that you liked it. I thought it was easy and great way to enjoy a good meal without a lot of fuss.

    Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to try this tonight - only tweak being using garlic infused oil - can't tolerate garlic itself... Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........