Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Wine Wednesday - La Ferme Julien


La Ferme Julien Rose is a staple at Trader Joe’s store. It’s not my favorite Rose, that honor goes to Marques de Caceres Rose Rioja, but this wine is a great one for patio meals. It’s very light and not overpoweringly fruity at all.

IMG_4087

Did you know it was produced by the Perrin Family (also of Beaucastel and Châteauneuf du Pape fame), you know….the “chicken wine” folks.

This blend of Granache and Syrah is light and refreshing. We have it quite a bit – one meal we enjoyed with this wine is a roasted chicken dish with feta cheese and grape tomatoes. A bargain at $6.

IMG_4089

While the remaining warm evenings remain we will be drinking rose. Recommended.

9 comments:

  1. I don't drink but did visit a winery in St. Augustine with my family. I really enjoyed learning all about wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like touring a winery, Vicki, it's interesting to what all goes into production.

      Delete
  2. *knows this sounds sooooooooo bad against the above comment*
    I DO drink!
    I love a dry rose!
    Chicken with feta and cherry tomatoes - yum!
    I'll have a 2nd glass thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's been my problem lately, Mrs LL....the 2nd glass. Nothing for me tonight!

      Delete
  3. p.s. I want to drink dry rose in France ... we need to start planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to decide on a year and a month and DO IT! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........