Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Bahama Mama and Nachos and a Kong

How naughty were we? Bahama Mamas and Nachos for our movie night dinner. Just a splurge and a good movie. Aja has her Kong filled with peanut butter - that bought us 5 minutes of zero begging so we could focus on our food.

Not that I would ever give her nachos. That's a sure fire trip to the vet for an expensive canine belly ache.

Bahama and Nachos

The "recipe" for nachos may be found HERE.


Bahama Mama Recipe

3/4 ounce (20ml) white rum
3/4 ounce (20ml) añejo rum
3/4 ounce (20ml) Myer's dark rum
1/2 ounce (15ml) coconut rum
3 ounces (90ml) unsweetened pineapple juice
2 ounces (60ml) fresh-squeezed OJ
1 teaspoon (5ml) grenadine
dash of Angostura bitters
Maraschino cherry for garnish
Orange slice for garnish

Directions:

Combine all but garnish, shake with ice, strain into hurricane glass & garnish.



So what else is new?  It's been very rainy here and so we are dividing our time between  watching DVDs, sitting in the den and listening to music or sitting on the patio for dinner and hoping for a fox sighting.

Old Séamus the fox has been a fairly regular visitor but we are worried about him now. He hasn't shown up in quite a few days.  Gray foxes live to be 15 years old on average so maybe Séamus was an old man.  We do see other foxes but he was special.

The movies we have seen lately are John Wick II and a series called The Syndicate.

The music has been Handel's Water Music and Mark Knopfler.

The reading lineup includes Living the Dream and The Secret Garden.  I am almost finished with Cork Dork by Bianca Bosker and enjoying it.

That's it for us - eating, drinking, reading and enjoying.  Updates on the camping goals and plans soon.


I am sharing this with Beth Fish's Weekend Cooking Series.










11 comments:

  1. Hi there! the drink looks so good... I wish I had one about right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, we were just talking about you yesterday! I was looking up info about Winnamucca and looking at weather and what is nearby your city. Glad you like the drink, it was a winner for our indulgence dinner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some drink! But boy does it say summer, doesn't it? Nachos and rum cocktails are a great treat.

    I sure hope your fox turns up. I haven't seen any in our yard, but we do have a lot of wildlife, including bears!

    I liked Cork Dork and I also liked Wine Isn't Rocket Science. One of these days, I'll feel like I know something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listening to Handel's Water Music for a rainy day! Great thought.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My idea of a well-rounded meal! A lot of different rums there, so I'd probably have that one out somewhere, limited as I am by liquor supply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Old Séamus the fox has shown up by now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to save your recipe. It sounds great! And I liked The Syndicate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, 4 different sorts of rum! Cheers from carole's chatter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beth FR, we have bears too but fortunate,t they haven't roamed in your yard...that we know of. People are usually warning us they have seen them as Doug and I walk everyday down a rural road. The fox has not returned, but a smaller one had. So I don't know if Seamus has just gone away for a while. :-(

    Mae, classical is enjoyable and relaxing. I can read while that is on.
    Claudia, limited liquor supplies? yikes! We enjoy a cocktail.
    Vicki, still no sign of him.
    Nan, that was the first season of The Dyndicate we've watched and enjoyed it. Hope you like the sandwich!
    Cheers, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's too bad about Seamus. Hopefully he either found greener pastures or was an old fox who had lived a very adventurous life and it was his time to go. Nachos and Bahama Mamas sound like an amazing dinner! I've made nachos a few times for dinner when it was just me and I didn't want to go anywhere but they're just tortilla chips with melted cheese over them and some sour cream and salsa. Yours look way fancier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The drink sounds like something we would LOVE.

    We have foxes in our area, but I never see any.

    OK once I saw one at my son's house in the farm that is adjacent to his backyard. Apparently, the fox is a regular visitor but I was very excited. It was the first time I saw a fox.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........